+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 1107 1234567891011511015011001 ... LastLast
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

The View

I just wanted a place to rant about this show. I hardly ever catch it but it seems every time I do I want to reach through the screen and slap Star and Joy. These two women act so superior to the guests and to anyone that does not agree w/their opinions. In fact it is because of them that I don't watch the show. If I see that they are to have a guest on that interests me I will try to time it to see the guest but sometimes I just happen to see them for a few minutes and I can't believe they act like they do!!!!!!!

ok I feel better. Anyone else have an opinion on the women of the View?

I was watching when they Elizabeth Vargas on, talking about the Da Vinci code. You could see them pushing away any real conversation about the topic. They may as well have held this discussion in a convent.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I don't know why they call it "The View". They all have the same view on things and it's usually fluffy - no meat to the matter.

FORT Fogey
    That is exactly my point. They are all older and none of them live in the real world and have basically the same view. I really hope Elisabeth from Survivor gets the new host position. She is a young married conservative. But, then they would probably chew her up and spit her out!

I only catch a bit of the show while my kids eat lunch, yesterday they had a woman on, I think she was a political commentator. She was very direct and she had to practically YELL to be heard over the cackling of the hens.
    She rightly said that actors should stick to their own field of expertize and leave the politiking to the politicians.
    Sean Penn on a fact-finding mission in Iraq was almost laughable. She forgot to mention the fact that an American citizen was charged for going to Iraq, while the rich and famous actor was spared all charges.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fogey
    I caught a few minutes of that just enough to see Star rolling her eyes at her.. then turned it off!

Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    I caught a few minutes of that just enough to see Star rolling her eyes at her.. then turned it off!
    And you know she doesn't wear the Payless shoes she's in all the ads for.

I don't really dislike any of them, but I stop watching when they start talking over each other. It just doesn't make for good television when you can't hear/understand anything they're saying.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

I don't mind the show, but generally find very little of interest once the Hot Topics segment is over.
    Even that annoys me.

Meredith has to turn everything into a discussion about sex, which I find immature and tedious.
    I hate it when Barbara is on because she dominates the show.
    It annoys how she raises her hand, signalling for everyone to shut up so she can make her point.
    Her anacdotes are usually very boring to listen to imo and she couldn't tell a joke if her life depended on it.

Star in now the youngest of the presenters and is in her early forties. They need a younger person, but this search has been going on for months.
    Just pick someone already.

They had an intelligent co-host in Lisa Ling, very knowledgable about World events, yet they dumbed her down, only rarely letting her cover the sort of topics she is interested in.
    "That's Numberwang!"

IN the audience

I was on The View! in the audience when Barbara Walters was on vacation and Beverly Mitchell was subbing. They had Joan Rivers as the special guest and had some stuff to do with the sun.

Was interesting, but I like the People's Court audience better, its more action and humor.
    “You know this is a one-way street?”
    “I was only going one way!”

I used to really like the show and thought it might be fun to be in the audience, but lately I've grown vert tired of it.
    The whole choosing a new co-host thing is getting on my nerves.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread