+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1426Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

Of course, some people would prefer us to think that she's just about in the soup line. This woman is very busy, outside The View Her saying that this was the only job she could get....I took it as a joke, since she is a comedian, after all. She's in and out and all over the country with too much regularity to be that destitute. Movies, plays, stand-up gigs. Of course, YMMV.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I know it sounds odd, but I have heard her tell the story of how even though she has all this experience, once you are at her stage in life, she couldn't get another job. She wasn't laughing or talking in jest at all. She said The View offered and she took it. I've heard her tell it at least 3 times and I don't even watch that much anymore.

I certainly think she is qualified to take over when Barbara leaves. Will Bill Getty stay? Will Whoopi create her own panel?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Stacy Kiebler's hair looks sad.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Deb, I heard the same thing about Whoopi taking The View because it was the only job she could get. In addition to having reached that age where women in Hollywood have a hard time getting jobs, her name was a bit soiled because of a few controversies she had been involved in. First, there was the Ted Danson black-face at the Friar's Club incident where people were mad that she defended him. Then, she had made some jokes about President Bush that people didn't care for. She had a radio show, but the ratings were low because she'd become a name that people had fun being offended by and insisting they would not listen - so when The View reached out to her, it was an act of faith in her, and meant a lot because so many people were turning their backs on her. No, I'm sure she was not on the soup line. But as the documentary done about Joan Rivers a couple of years shows, when you are a woman who has had to fight to be successful in comedy in the way that Whoopi and Joan both did, there's a drive in you that fears not working.

Oh yeah. I saw that movie about Joan Rivers. I just don't get how some people cannot give up work and go do some other things in their life, like travel, spend time with grandkids, work on charities, go horseback riding, write, listen to music, smell the roses, sleep late, etc. lol

If you are desperate for money, then I get it, but if you can live comfortably, then why not do it? I guess that having your name out there as a famous and vibrant person is addictive and some people don't like to let go of it, no matter how old they get.

FORT Fogey

What's with Joy and Sherri seeming to just show up whenever they feel like it lately? I know Joy is leaving, but I think she should have more of a sense of obligation to the show that gave her a lucrative job and boosted her career than to be so on-again off-again. I liked Mario Cantone in Sex and The City, but his usual comedy shtick is just not funny to me. As far as Stacy Keibler as a guest co-host... meh! What is her claim to fame - long legs and the latest in the long line of George Clooney's paramours?

I agree, Stacy( boring Stacy) is nothing but - long legs and the latest in the long line of George Clooney's paramours
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I thought Stacey was a professional wrestler. Maybe I misunderstood, but my cousin is a big fan of wrestling and likes her, because of that. I'll check......................... ................

Yeah, she was known as the legs of WWE. I think she had a lot fans from her wrestling career. She's retired now.

I do find it difficult to believe that at 33 years old, she hasn't thought about starting a family. It's fine if you don't want to marry or to have kids, but to blow it off like you never thought of it, is just not believable to me.
    Last edited by Debb70; 07-18-2013 at 01:22 PM.

FORT Fogey

You are right Deb - she used to be a pro wrestler known for her legs. She was also on Dancing With the Stars before dating George, and did quite well. I have to say, the part about not thinking about kids yet does not surprise me. She's a woman who has a made a living off her looks - particularly her figure. I think there are quite a few women in those shoes, who rely so heavily on having a great body to make money, that they choose career over children and don't consider having kids to be a priority. There are certainly plenty of women in HOllywood with great bodies who do have kids and bounce back in unhuman proportions. But I don't think she's the only one to do like she has. Besides, there are women out there who simply don't have a desire to have kids. If she is one of them, then it makes sense to me that she would not give it a lot of thought at age 33. Even if she has ... if she decides she doesn't want to really share a lot in that regard on national TV, and goes with a white lie instead, who cares?

She will find another man like George & hang off his arm
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread