+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1426Likes

Thread: The View

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    It was pretty much a non secret that Elisabeth was given the boot months ago (at the same time Joy announced her leaving the show) but BW denied denied denied.

In these times, with electronic media, secrets like this just can't be kept. I think BW is finally beginning to have a lightbulb moment about this especially when she saw how her own retirement news came out sooner than she would have liked.

EH belongs on a network like Fox. Heck, she's almost an exact duplicate of the gal she's replacing (Gretchen somethingorother). She'll be very happy there.
    I think that ship has sailed a long, long time ago. It's not all her fault, her memory is going and she doesn't understand social media. For all we know, it was BW who blabbed about EH's departure months ago but doesn't remember doing it. lol
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I didn't see that interview ( but I'll go back and watch!) but I thought Barbara's behavior during the hot topics was rather rude and inconsiderate. I don't remember the name of the guest co-host, but she's the daughter of Jenni Riviera. They talked at the beginning about her losing her mother, and things were very nice and compassionate. Later on, discussing the Zimmerman trial, the guest co-host made reference to testifying in a trial when she had to testify against her dad. The circumstances of that trial were irrelevant to the point she was making about feeling nervous when you testify, and she made her point quite well. Barbara immediately stopped the discussion to delve in to the fact that she had testifed against her dad who sexually abused her. It was akward for her to have to go there, but she did it gracefully, ending by making the point that her dad was convincted and is currently appealing. Barbara brushed that off saying "Well, everyone gets to do that". The whole thing just seemed very insensitive on Barbara's part ... which is not all that uncommon anymore since she seems to believe she's the only relevant being on earth.
    Re bolded: I back Barbara on this. Shocker. So many people think saying they are appealing means they are not guilty. I hate that.
    The girl brought up the subject herself. You don't say what you don't want to discuss. Barbara did what journalists do. They delve.

Okay, I have to go lie down now. I just defended Barbara Walters.

FORT Fogey

Barbara has no understanding of social media. She will continue to get scooped every time. It is was out that Jenny has the job, Sherri told a reporter. This before the official announcement.

I don't know anything much about Brooke.

I saw Sheri talking at the airport about Jenny, but I didn't hear her confirm she had the job. She just said something about Jenny was wonderful or something like that. Did she really say, she had the job? Maybe I missed it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I saw Sheri talking at the airport about Jenny, but I didn't hear her confirm she had the job. She just said something about Jenny was wonderful or something like that. Did she really say, she had the job? Maybe I missed it.
    Yes she did.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Pretty much ANYONE replacing Elizabeth, in my eyes, would be an improvement, so I'm going to hold off judging until the new gals come on board. I've always liked Brooke Shields, so I'm looking forward to hearing her point of view. Jenny McCarthy is not one of my favorites --- but I'm open to how she'll come across, on a discussion panel. I WILL miss Joy very much. I've always enjoyed her wit, humor and her sarcasm. And you all are right. Barbara needs to retire. Now!

I watch the first 10 minutes, and hear them all talk over one another, LOL and now watch The talk
    Jenny M- yuck! she sounds like a nutcase, but I think like Brooke she is a yes girl, that will please BW
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

As the Zimmerman verdict was being discussed, Sherri became upset at the fact that as a black mother, she has to raise her black son differently than white mothers have to raise their sons in this country due to our judicial system. Does that make this a racial issue? I vote 'yes'. Sherri did not appear in the segment with the defense attorneys.

I thought today was supposed to be a repeat show, but it wasn't. I think it's supposed to be repeats for the next 2 weeks, at least.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

So I just read that Babs officially announced on the show this morning that Jenny McCarthy is replacing Elizabeth? Wonder who they'll be getting to offer the conservative view?
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    So I just read that Babs officially announced on the show this morning that Jenny McCarthy is replacing Elizabeth? Wonder who they'll be getting to offer the conservative view?
    Yuck...don't like Jenny at all anymore. She used to be funny, but now she's just loud & annoying. She needs to be the center of attention and I see BW getting annoyed quickly at that. What happened to taking their time to fill Elizabeth's shoes????
    bee stung lips and Imperfect1 like this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread