+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1323Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

I wonder if ElisaTwit ran to her dressing room to vomit immediately after the show, given all the nauseating cr*p she tried to sincerely convey about Barbara and Joy. Yes, she owes Barbara bigtime for giving a Survivor contestant a new career, but the Barbara Walters School of Journalism (or whatever she called it)? I don't think so. And I'm sure she is not going to miss Joy one whit. I'd love to know the whole story -- all of a sudden (at least to the viewers) it's her last day? Don't get me wrong ... I'm thrilled. Although I'm a liberal, I wouldn't mind another conservative on the panel as long as she's truly intelligent and not obnoxious in tone, attitude and facial expressions. Jenny McCarthy and Brooke Shields? I'll reserve judgment, but a little of JM goes a long way, and as a guest host BS didn't bring much to the panel. However, once they start feeding her some talking points maybe she'll get more interesting. I wonder who will replace Barbara? Isn't Katie Couric's show being cancelled, or did I just imagine that?
    bee stung lips likes this.

Do we know when BM Behars last day is? soon I hope she looks half asleep lately
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Joy has barely been on the show since announcing she was leaving some months ago.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Joy has barely been on the show since announcing she was leaving some months ago.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Joy was nice, they all were. I don't think you can be on a show for that long, and not become friends. Joy said they argue politically, but then talk about shoes ( kinda like some of my GF's) Whoopie made Elizabeth tear up a little . Its nice to see that women can have differences, and yet still think a lot of one another. It happens all the time outside of TV land
    -Andy Rooney-

Someone said upthread that Meredith was getting her own talk show. I would like her to return to the show. She was always good, IMO. Everybody seems to get a talk show and then it fizzles out in a season or two. Meredith should really consider it. I bet they would want her back.
    bee stung lips likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie
    I used to like Jenny too. I agree, something has changed. I am not sure just what but the result is annoying! She is loud and bawdy these days.
    I think it started when she got her medical license! /sarcasm

Yeah, McCarthy is not a draw but Brook might be. I've always thought that this show does need a woman who has conservative values, but she also needs to be able to express them as her own values and not someone else's talking points. There are many other women out there who could easily slide into Elizabeth's chair and present the other side in a concise, non-hysterical way.

BW thinks she is so smart and now she looks kinda idiotic with egg on her well-preserved face. Haha. She really does think her viewers are stupid.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fogey

I heard on ET tonight (I think that's where it was) that Elisatwit was told back in March that her contract was not going to be renewed. So maybe Barbara's alleged misstatement that she was happy E'twit was leaving was not so much a mistake!
    Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Someone said upthread that Meredith was getting her own talk show. I would like her to return to the show. She was always good, IMO. Everybody seems to get a talk show and then it fizzles out in a season or two. Meredith should really consider it. I bet they would want her back.
    Isn't she on another show. I am not certain it would work with her coming back ( jmho)
    -Andy Rooney-

It was pretty much a non secret that Elisabeth was given the boot months ago (at the same time Joy announced her leaving the show) but BW denied denied denied.

In these times, with electronic media, secrets like this just can't be kept. I think BW is finally beginning to have a lightbulb moment about this especially when she saw how her own retirement news came out sooner than she would have liked.

EH belongs on a network like Fox. Heck, she's almost an exact duplicate of the gal she's replacing (Gretchen somethingorother). She'll be very happy there.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    It was pretty much a non secret that Elisabeth was given the boot months ago (at the same time Joy announced her leaving the show) but BW denied denied denied.

In these times, with electronic media, secrets like this just can't be kept. I think BW is finally beginning to have a lightbulb moment about this especially when she saw how her own retirement news came out sooner than she would have liked.

EH belongs on a network like Fox. Heck, she's almost an exact duplicate of the gal she's replacing (Gretchen somethingorother). She'll be very happy there.
    I hope she is happy there- we all need to be happy at work, hard to do with BW and crew.
    Shoepie likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread