+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Fort Member

Re: The View

I do not have a problem with Brooke Shields I think she could be interesting and maybe having someone who I think could well be neutral would not be so bad, I have seen her interviewed and she does appear to have a quick wit about her but Jenny McCarthy totally annoys the cr*p out of me, I think I used to think she was funny but then something changed, not sure what, and bam, now she is just really very annoying and her opinions, especially ones like, that vaccines cause autism, and her ex-boyfriend should continue to visit her son even though he is not the child's father, I do not share so it makes it even harder to listen to her as I feel every time she is on a show its to promote her views which I find slightly crackpot
    So glad Elizabeth is gone but wish they could find someone funny but without an agenda to replace Joy who I am going to miss

FORT Fogey

I think Jenny is going to be a disaster on the show. I give her one season. To me, she's too much like Rosie in that her entire career has been built on making herself the center of attention. She annoys me at times and entertains me at times, so I can certainly see her appeal on TV. But she's never come across to me as a woman who is comfortable stepping aside to let someone else have the spot light. I think The View ist at its best when the women will speak up when they need to, and sit back and let others talk at other times. I see Jenny constantly needing to be the center of attention, which will overshadow and alienate the other women.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Don't think Brooke has what it b takes to be on this show. And I say that as a long time fan of hers. Too passive and not enough backbone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    I saw her on a couple of shows and she added nothing. I have never been a fan of hers, so it make it even easier to miss this show. Its off my recording schedule
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I used to like Jenny too. I agree, something has changed. I am not sure just what but the result is annoying! She is loud and bawdy these days.
    AmyKay and bee stung lips like this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I see Jenny constantly needing to be the center of attention, which will overshadow and alienate the other women.
    And if she does this, I can easily see Whoopi shutting her down when necessary.

EDIT: meant to ask if they mentioned that Elizabeth is leaving on yesterday's show, or did the news break later on in the day? I'm assuming if so, they'll be mentioning something on today's show.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I used to like Jenny too. I agree, something has changed. I am not sure just what but the result is annoying! She is loud and bawdy these days.
    She thinks its cute to act like her ex BF Jim Carrey, she does all his stuff( faces, jokes etc )
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

They did not mention Elisabeth leaving on yesterday's show. The news was broke in the early evening, I think by the NY Post which has ties to Fox.
    bee stung lips likes this.

They said goodbye to Elisabeth today. That was quick. Sherri wasn't even there. Oh well. Who knows how that came about.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

How quick? Like "barely any fuss at all" quick?

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    How quick? Like "barely any fuss at all" quick?

Babs put out a long statement beforehand. New waters, survives type thing I think Elizabeth wanted out quickly- good for her. I just heard Joy wanted the same
    Sherri and Elizabeth are good friends, no need for her to be there.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread