+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1627Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

So Eliz is leaving this week. No surprise. When the "rumor" came out that she was leaving ahile back, it was clear, to me, she was going to FOX. This had been in the air for a long time. When Barbara insisted she was not retiring and Eliz was going nowhere, I knew. It was transparant.

I keep waiting to hear the are closing down the show entirely.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Apparently Elizabeth's last day is today. Thought she'd at least stick around until the end of the week.

I find the whole thing to be hilarious. They obviously thought we were all stupid when it was rumored a couple if months ago that Elizabeth was leaving. They denied it was true but we all knew better.

With Joy, Elizabeth and Barbara all leaving this show is as good as done.

Don't plan to become a regular watcher of The Talk though as I'm not one much for cheap imitations.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Florimel and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

When you look at the success that ABC has had launching other daytime shows, there is no way they are cancelling the show completely. The rumors that Jenny McCarthy is about to be named as a new co-host are as widespread as the reports that Elisabeth is leaving, which shows they are clearly working towards filling the vacant spaces. The View may not have the power and prestige that it had a few years ago, but it is still a very strong daytime talk show - and runs circles around The Chew, or anything else that ABC can turn to. I don't think the network would just cancel the show and put nothing in the place, because that would mean they were giving up an hour each day where they can make money. They still make a profit from the show, so they will continue to re-invent it with new hosts.

Did anyone see the show yesterday? OMG. It was probably the most cringe worthy moment I've seen in a very long time. Bernadette Peters came on with a puppy she was promoting for adoption from the SPCA. There were questions about the puppy and the adoption and Bernadette was answering. Then Barbara suddenly jumped in with her questions about the SPCA and angrily told them they were interrupting her and she was doing them a favor by promoting their program and they needed to hush if she was going to do it. (I'm paraphrasing, but that was the jest of it.) Whoopi was looking into the audience with her eyes all rolled back as if to say, "Can you believe this witch?" The panel looked so embarrassed. Bernadette got what was happening and played along. It was so bizarre. Barbara was absolutely off the charts out of it. SOMEONE will have to reign her in immediately She can't make it until her year is up. She's too far gone.

FORT Fogey

I didn't see that interview ( but I'll go back and watch!) but I thought Barbara's behavior during the hot topics was rather rude and inconsiderate. I don't remember the name of the guest co-host, but she's the daughter of Jenni Riviera. They talked at the beginning about her losing her mother, and things were very nice and compassionate. Later on, discussing the Zimmerman trial, the guest co-host made reference to testifying in a trial when she had to testify against her dad. The circumstances of that trial were irrelevant to the point she was making about feeling nervous when you testify, and she made her point quite well. Barbara immediately stopped the discussion to delve in to the fact that she had testifed against her dad who sexually abused her. It was akward for her to have to go there, but she did it gracefully, ending by making the point that her dad was convincted and is currently appealing. Barbara brushed that off saying "Well, everyone gets to do that". The whole thing just seemed very insensitive on Barbara's part ... which is not all that uncommon anymore since she seems to believe she's the only relevant being on earth.

Its seriously time for people to stop kissing Barbara's a$$ and start treating her like the senile old woman that she is. She's become absolutely insufferable.

Shoepie, Uncle David and AlwaysVeg like this.

Just read that Jenny McCarthy and Brooke Shields are replacing Joy and Elisabeth. Are you kidding me? I haven't watched this show steadily in months (used to watch every single week day for YEARS) but now...I'm completely finished with The View.

I agree, Barbara needs to seriously consider an earlier retirement.

I wonder if that means that Brooke will not be back on the next season of Army Wives. I liked her on that show. I'm not so sure about The View.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Just read that Jenny McCarthy and Brooke Shields are replacing Joy and Elisabeth. Are you kidding me? I haven't watched this show steadily in months (used to watch every single week day for YEARS) but now...I'm completely finished with The View.

I agree, Barbara needs to seriously consider an earlier retirement.
    Really? omg I thought those so were so milk toast McCarthy thinks she is funny doing Jim Carry's voice non stop, and Brook, Brook is boring.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Don't think Brooke has what it b takes to be on this show. And I say that as a long time fan of hers. Too passive and not enough backbone.

Shoepie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread