+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

AND she just told Larry King that she finds it interesting that he wants to continue his career by being on the internet, etc. She says they may have a lot in common but on this issue, she will not be doing that because she wants to go out while "on top." Too funny!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    AND she just told Larry King that she finds it interesting that he wants to continue his career by being on the internet, etc. She says they may have a lot in common but on this issue, she will not be doing that because she wants to go out while "on top." Too funny!
    She was quite rude about it too. He was saying something and she totally talked over him and told him in a round about way that that wasn't what SHE wanted to discuss. :eyeroll
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Better yet, I wonder if Whoopi will be able to make it to Babs' retirement. One can just sense Babs irks the hell out of Whoopi most of the time cutting her off incessantly etc. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    heh heh heh I agree. Whoopi is constantly biting her tongue.

As much as Babs has bugged the heck out of me, for a few years, I think her head injury during the holidays may have something to do with the Barbara we are seeing now. When older folks fall and hit their heads it seems to bring on confusion, memory loss, and irritability. They also seem to become easily combative. No, I'm not a member of the medical community but I've seen my parents and many relatives through the aging process.
    bee stung lips likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    heh heh heh I agree. Whoopi is constantly biting her tongue.

As much as Babs has bugged the heck out of me, for a few years, I think her head injury during the holidays may have something to do with the Barbara we are seeing now. When older folks fall and hit their heads it seems to bring on confusion, memory loss, and irritability. They also seem to become easily combative. No, I'm not a member of the medical community but I've seen my parents and many relatives through the aging process.
    She had a mild concussion; that is not a big deal. VERY severe blows on the head can have an impact on personality.

She has always been testy when interrupted. If it is worse now (I can't tell) logic says they have been together too long and they are all irritating each other.

I have noticed that she is looser. She has been calling the women b*tches, for fun, lately! Odd they can say that on TV but we cannot spell it out here. She often repeats herself and misses the point in some discussions. She is definately showing her age and not as sharp as she used to be. I wonder if they will speed up her retirement date. More than likely we will see less and less of her.

This show is going to get cancelled when that opportunity arises. Depends on when the contract is up. My guess is that Babs retirement coinsides with that and she will announce that the show is over. She will get scooped, again, of course.

FORT Fogey

I think Barbara's behavior is the result of years and years of being put on a pedestal for being the pioneer that she was. She deserves respect and accolades because she did have a HUGE impact on broadcasting. But I think it's normal with celebrities that the people around them grossly exaggerate that respect, and they start to believe it. Barbara is used to ALWAYS being treated as the grand dame of broadcasting. It doesn't seem to have occured to her that most of her great accomplishments happened at best 20 years ago, and that many many women have taken the baton and run with it since then. Because she's been treated on a pedestal for so long, she doesn't know how to respond to being treated like a regular person. If she goes to a luncheon, when she talks, everyone probably stops to listen. So at the table during hot topics, she doesn't know how to respond to being interrupted. It happens in regular life for the other women, but probably not for Barbara. I think she's retiring because ABC recognized it was showing on the air, the other women were getting frustrated by it, and they knew they needed to make a change. I think that Bill and other ABC higher ups probably talked to her gently to convince her it was a way to go out "on top" and get the recognition she's so used to. They've probably convinced her that they're doing the same thing as when a coach benches a star player for the last seconds of a game in order for the crowd to give that player their proper recognition. But i think that ABC is truly doing it to SAVE The View -- not to let it end when she goes.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I think Barbara's behavior is the result of years and years of being put on a pedestal for being the pioneer that she was. She deserves respect and accolades because she did have a HUGE impact on broadcasting. But I think it's normal with celebrities that the people around them grossly exaggerate that respect, and they start to believe it. Barbara is used to ALWAYS being treated as the grand dame of broadcasting. It doesn't seem to have occured to her that most of her great accomplishments happened at best 20 years ago, and that many many women have taken the baton and run with it since then. Because she's been treated on a pedestal for so long, she doesn't know how to respond to being treated like a regular person. If she goes to a luncheon, when she talks, everyone probably stops to listen. So at the table during hot topics, she doesn't know how to respond to being interrupted. It happens in regular life for the other women, but probably not for Barbara. I think she's retiring because ABC recognized it was showing on the air, the other women were getting frustrated by it, and they knew they needed to make a change. I think that Bill and other ABC higher ups probably talked to her gently to convince her it was a way to go out "on top" and get the recognition she's so used to. They've probably convinced her that they're doing the same thing as when a coach benches a star player for the last seconds of a game in order for the crowd to give that player their proper recognition. But i think that ABC is truly doing it to SAVE The View -- not to let it end when she goes.
    Your comments are spot on. Totally agree.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Yep. Guests gush over her, too, because they feel it is required not because they think she is all that. I am sure many eyes roll behind her back.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Politics are EVERYWHERE! What we are seeing are the politics of show business.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Politics are EVERYWHERE! What we are seeing are the politics of show business.
    And a lot of @ss kissing
    bee stung lips likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am guessing that those are the dues you are expected to pay. Every game has its rules.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread