+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2149713;
    I know exactly what you mean. I couldn't figure it out either, but she definitely looked different....Almost not like Helen Hunt. I'm thinking thinner. She looked tired, too.
    Yeah, perhaps she was exhausted.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    So im watching bw's mistakes special, she had the audacity to say, "Teri, i love you and forgive you". This she says because Teri went to Vanity Fair to tell her molestation story, as if somehow Teri owed her that exclusive story of her life(Teri told her to keep quiet about it). Get over over self, bw! Not everything is about you.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Today was the closest we've seen to a full hour of hot topics in a while. It was about 35 minutes long, and it was lively! We should bombard them with emails demanding a full hour at least once per month!

Barbara is going to be doing a radio show where she takes calls...Yikes! I can't imaging trying to listen to her stammering on and on.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2150623;
    So im watching bw's mistakes special, she had the audacity to say, "Teri, i love you and forgive you". This she says because Teri went to Vanity Fair to tell her molestation story, as if somehow Teri owed her that exclusive story of her life(Teri told her to keep quiet about it). Get over over self, bw! Not everything is about you.
    I saw that too Amy Lee! I said to myself "what exactly did Teri do that required BW's forgiveness?!" Teri had the right to go to whomever she wanted to share that story. I guess in BW's mind, everything is all about her.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    She's extremely self-aggrandizing and it just turns me off. I rejoice when she's not on the view.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by YummyMummy;2151564;
    I saw that too Amy Lee! I said to myself "what exactly did Teri do that required BW's forgiveness?!" Teri had the right to go to whomever she wanted to share that story. I guess in BW's mind, everything is all about her.
    I actually kind of sympathized with BW on that one. If things transpired the way that BW reported, Teri told her the story and then asked her after the fact not to make it public. The rules of journalism say that if you don't want something reported, you must state it as off the record BEFORE revealing it. So BW was doing TH a favor by not revealing the story. Ethically, she was within her right to reveal it. It would have been nice for TH to have returned the favor by going to BW when she was ready to make it public. Yes, she's not required to, but it is generally thought of as a nice thing to return a favor to someone who has extended a big one to you.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    my favorite quote from today's show ...

joy: "they say if you want to get something done, do it yourself."

FORT Fogey
    I just finished watching Danny DeVito's drunken appearance on The View. There's no question in my mind that both his handlers and the producers knew what kind of state he was in before he went out. So why on earth did either party allow him to appear on the show?

He was funny and forthcoming - like he is in most of his interviews. I don't know what the big deal is that he was between drunk and hungover -so what.
    It's not professional?? Um he's an actor - not the Prez... who I'm never sure that he is quite sober.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fogey
    If it were Robin Williams, I think it'd be no big deal (other than the part about Williams being an alcoholic) because he always is out of control in interviews. But DeVito normally can have a conversation, which he was incapable of in that appearance. They only way they got through it was to realize they could not ask him questions, and had to guide him through it and cut him off when necessary.

+ Reply to Thread