+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1518Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    What ad?
    Cheerios did an ad with a (gasp )biracial couple. It was on you tube I think, and nasty comments are under it( really nasty) if Cheerios pulls this ad because of a few bigots - I will be angry!
    bee stung lips likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Can't believe that Walters just ran over the top of Whoopi when Whoop was saying goodbye to Jean Stapleton, and cut Whoopi off! Rude Heifer!!
    Although I am loath to defend Barbara in any way, it turns out Whoopi passed the topic over to BW.

What ad?
    The Daily Mail Online
    bee stung lips likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

-Andy Rooney-

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Unbe-FREAKIN-leavable. Just proves what I've been saying all along, that humans are inherently stupid a lot of the time. Seriously, with all the REAL issues going on in this world, folk have a problem with a loving happy family just because they happen to be mixed?

Wow...
    PWS and Imperfect1 like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Unbe-FREAKIN-leavable. Just proves what I've been saying all along, that humans are inherently stupid a lot of the time. Seriously, with all the REAL issues going on in this world, folk have a problem with a loving happy family just because they happen to be mixed?

Wow...
    The little girl is so sweet.
    PWS likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Although I am loath to defend Barbara in any way, it turns out Whoopi passed the topic over to BW.

The Daily Mail Online

I must disagree about the BW-Whoopi incident. BW, rudely, rolled straight over Whoopi, while Whoopi was still talking, with the other death pronouncement and Whoopi, politely, just stopped....and then Sherri rolled straight in to resume Whoopi's conversation. If you mean that Whoop didn't just continue to loud-talk over BW, then you would be right, but I don't consider what Whoop did as "ceding the floor" to the rude one.

Nobody was listening to Barbara anyway. Nobody even seemed to know or care whom she was talking about.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 06-03-2013 at 09:51 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I couldn't be bothered to DVR the show so I can't quote the exact wording, but after Whoopi announced Stapleton's passing she threw it to Barbara with words like, 'Barbara also has something'. Perhaps someone else taped the show and can check what she said exactly.

ETA: I found the show online. It will expire after 7 days so if you want to view it you need to do it soon. (The View 6-3-2013)

Here is the exchange verbatim...

Whoopi: "We wanna say good-bye to a TV icon known to millions as Edith Bunker. Jean Stapleton passed away at 90 years old. Now I was honored that I had the opportunity to work with her on a show called Bagdad Cafe. And, also Barbara..."

Barbara: "I want to say good-bye to a man who was a wonderful Senator. New Jersey Senator Frank Lautenberg passed away. He was 89. And to his wife Bonnie...."
    Last edited by Uncle David; 06-03-2013 at 10:29 PM.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

The Cheerios ad controversy is just so weird in this day and age. And I'm pretty sure more black men and married to white women than the reverse, so if they are going for a "typical" black white couple that would be it. Jeesh...and talk about an inoffensive ad.

FORT Fogey

To me, the most frustrating thing about that discussion was how dense Sherri was in it. Whoopi brought up the thought that perhaps it was the race of each gender that made people uncomfortable, and Sherri stated the obvious ... that it was a bi-racial couple ... twice! If a woman cannot follow an intelligent conversation, she doesn't belong as a host on the show!
    Shoepie and Uncle David like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I wish Elizabeth would go to FOX network and disappear into a black hole. She is an angry little Republican troll.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread