+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1633Likes

Thread: The View

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: The View

Loves me some Tom Jones.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I watched the entire show last night. I thought the show had so much more energy with the cast of Scandal. It was great, except for the times Barbara tried to force her comments and questions that didn't fit well, because she had no concept of the show and was intently reading cards and interrupting and it was great when they got her off the stage. Sheri and Whoopi are big fans, so that turned out great.

I think Barbara asked Abby character a question that was meant for Kerry Washington. She picked up on and played it off giving Kerry the credit. Poor Babs. lol

Mellie character looked great! She's a lot prettier than on the show. Cyrus looked better and younger too.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

I think Barbara asked Abby character a question that was meant for Kerry Washington. She picked up on and played it off giving Kerry the credit. Poor Babs. lol
    Yep, you're right about that. The question she asked 'Abby' about being a mentor to the rest of the cast was definitely meant for Kerry. She was quick enough to give Kerry props for being such a gracious person who looks after her fellow cast members, is not a diva, and even sends nice little gifts to her cast members. Babs was definitely out of her element yesterday. She needs to go sooner than later.

Does she even watch Scandal, its obvious Whoopie and Sherri do. Babs seemed confused, but then that's the norm
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Poor Babs. She is always trying to make sure the viewer is informed on the topic. I guess it's because she's so clueless. Barbara might say, "There was a surprise on DWTS last night. And for those at home, DWTS is a tv show where celebrities compete in dance competition on a weekly basis. They have judges and the viewers vote on their favorites."

I'm not sure if it's age or just her training.

My mom is very sharp, in fact she still works, however, she has difficulty with certain things. For example, she is almost always confused when a new episode comes on and it starts showing scenes from previous shows. She will say, "I've already seen that." I have to remind her they are airing scenes from the previous shows and that the new episode will start after that. This has happenend a lot. I'm not sure why she doesn't get it.
    Last edited by Debb70; 05-15-2013 at 12:24 PM.

Poor Babs. She is always trying to make sure the viewer is informed on the topic. I guess it's because she's so clueless. Barbara might say, "There was a surprise on DWTS last night. And for those at home, DWTS is a tv show where celebrities compete in dance competition on a weekly basis. They have judges and the viewers vote on their favorites."

I'm not sure if it's age or just her training.

My mom is very sharp, in fact she still works, however, she has difficulty with certain things. For example, she is almost always confused when a new episode comes on and it starts showing scenes from previous shows. She will say, "I've already seen that." I have to remind her they are airing scenes from the previous shows and that the new episode will start after that. This has happenend a lot. I'm not sure why she doesn't get it.
    Is your mom old enough to have issues with short-term memory? If so, that could be it. For those of us who can remember what happened on a show last week, it's clear that the recaps are from previous weeks, because they are familiar. For her, they may look like new content.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I haven't noticed any memory issues with her. She doesn't forget other things any more than anyone else. It's just with the tv show beginnings that I notice it. Is showing scenes from previous episodes a new thing? I thought they had been doing that for a long time. ??

FORT Fogey

This is on my DVR and watch an episode if it is talked about here.

Barbara should not have even been on that couch for one minute with the cast of Scandal! She only served to irritate fans who wanted to hear Whoopie and Sherri ask relevant questions. That was the producers fault.

I think a lot depends on how much they practice as they age. Everyone's vocal chords shorten as they grow older and you have to exercise them more and more to keep the vocal quality from deteriorating faster. Even operatic quality voices suffer from that.
    Tom Jones is a headliner in Las Vegas and has been for decades so he exercizes his vocal chords constantly. He is just getting too old to sing. Same goes for Tony Bennet. They almost talk their way through songs.

So master of the obvious got scooped on her retirement news. Love it. I think her people insisted, as they watched her become even more irrelevant than she has always been. She said she was going to retire from TV altogether. Good idea. She no longer trots well either.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 05-19-2013 at 06:35 AM.

I haven't noticed any memory issues with her. She doesn't forget other things any more than anyone else. It's just with the tv show beginnings that I notice it. Is showing scenes from previous episodes a new thing? I thought they had been doing that for a long time. ??
    Yes. Shows have been doing that for a long time. I was just thinking that if she was having memory problems, the bits and pieces of past shows might not be familiar, and she might be confused by it. Sounds like that's not the issue, though.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey

I just watched 20/20, the billboard special. Barbara did a good job interviewing Lady Gaga and looked fabulous, as well. She wore a plain white shirt and great necklace. It is a good case in point to look toward the way Katherine Hepburn dressed, classic shirts and pants. One could wear skirts as well, but the idea is aim for classic and skip things like that nasty red outfit and necklace she wore on the intro pieces. Good god, what was her stylist thinking?!

+ Reply to Thread