+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1433Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I think Barbara brings up stuff like that because she still operates from a false assumption that the audience is stupid and doesn't know most of the stuff that she knows.
    Actually, and I can't stand BW, you might be surprised at how many people operate in the land of ignorance of the most publicized things. I don't understand it, and it irritates the heck out of me, but they do. There is more selective ignorance around you than you may realize. I used to work with a woman who admitted to never reading the newspaper because all it ever contained was bad news and she just didn't want to know about it. WHO THINKS LIKE THAT??? It shocked me to learn that this actually was happening. I have low tolerance for people with selective/chosen ignorance.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I agree that there is selective ignorance. But for a show like THe View, they have to operate for the majority of the audience, and Barbara doesn't. If they mention DWTS, she'll stop to explain to the audience that it's a reality show on ABC where celebrites learn to ballroom dance. If they mention Europe, she'll explain that there are seven continents which are large land masses, and that Europe is one of those. ARe there some people who don't know those things? Sure. But the majority of the audience is familair. What Barbara does would be like if on Happy Days if every time Richie walked on the screen Mr and Mrs Cunningham said "Well hello Richie - my son. How was your day attending school you high school student you?"
    prhoshay, Shoepie and AlwaysVeg like this.

Hated Whoopi's shoes she had on today. Loved the socks!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Rebel Wilson is pretty funny. I like her.
    bee stung lips likes this.

FORT Fogey

I am watching it now. Barbara did not go to the White House dinner on Saturday because there were too many Hollywood stars! It used to be people from the administration and blah blah blah. OMG! What is wrong with this woman? She said this in front of guest Jenny McCarthy, who was there!

She is so far from current that I have no words.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Actually, and I can't stand BW, you might be surprised at how many people operate in the land of ignorance of the most publicized things. I don't understand it, and it irritates the heck out of me, but they do. There is more selective ignorance around you than you may realize. I used to work with a woman who admitted to never reading the newspaper because all it ever contained was bad news and she just didn't want to know about it. WHO THINKS LIKE THAT??? It shocked me to learn that this actually was happening. I have low tolerance for people with selective/chosen ignorance.
    I doubt these people watch The View or any other show she may infect.

Fantasia looks fabulous!!! Her voice is in prime shape. She is making the rounds of the talk shows right now, but I never get tired of hearing the song she is pushing. It's pulled from an old song called Night Shift that was popular in the 80s, maybe? We used to exercise to it in Jazzercise, and I loved it!

She sure has had a life of not so great decisions, but it looks like she may have decided to make some changes, I hope.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Fantasia looks fabulous!!! Her voice is in prime shape. She is making the rounds of the talk shows right now, but I never get tired of hearing the song she is pushing. It's pulled from an old song called Night Shift that was popular in the 80s, maybe? We used to exercise to it in Jazzercise, and I loved it!

She sure has had a life of not so great decisions, but it looks like she may have decided to make some changes, I hope.
    She was good on AI. I am glad she sounds happier
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I agree that there is selective ignorance. But for a show like THe View, they have to operate for the majority of the audience, and Barbara doesn't. If they mention DWTS, she'll stop to explain to the audience that it's a reality show on ABC where celebrites learn to ballroom dance. If they mention Europe, she'll explain that there are seven continents which are large land masses, and that Europe is one of those. ARe there some people who don't know those things? Sure. But the majority of the audience is familair. What Barbara does would be like if on Happy Days if every time Richie walked on the screen Mr and Mrs Cunningham said "Well hello Richie - my son. How was your day attending school you high school student you?"
    Exactly.
    And it's funny. your Happy Days example reminds me of the old soap opera "Passions"
    That was one of the things that irked me about that show. LOL
    AmyKay likes this.

Best wishes for Fantasia. She really was doing some odd stuff since leaving AI. She sounded like she had lost her mind. I won't dig it up now. She was not doing NC proud. I hope she's turned it around. Simon bailed her out of some financial troubles and it looks like she working and looking healthy again.
    She was on with Andy Cohen too and seemed to be pretty happy.

+ Reply to Thread