+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1602Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Tim Gunn was on the panel today, and I really like him, but the show has just become so hard to watch for me. Robert deNiro was a guest, so I tried to watch some of that, but I thought the questions the women were asking him were just so dumb that I know he was using his acting skills just to get through it politely. Here is my new way of amusing myself for a few minutes when the show is on: I mute the TV when Elisatwit is talking and just watch her smug and superior facial expressions. It cracks me up.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Tim Gunn was on the panel today, and I really like him, but the show has just become so hard to watch for me. Robert deNiro was a guest, so I tried to watch some of that, but I thought the questions the women were asking him were just so dumb that I know he was using his acting skills just to get through it politely. Here is my new way of amusing myself for a few minutes when the show is on: I mute the TV when Elisatwit is talking and just watch her smug and superior facial expressions. It cracks me up.
    I just watched that show this morning and came here to post the exact same thing! DeNiro has to promote his new movie and is reluctantly going through the motions. Most celebrities hate this part of the business and the women did not make it easy for him. The questions were painfully pedestrian and irrelevant. He is way out of their league and it seemed they were at a loss as to how to talk to him.

I then watched a couple of The Talk and what a difference! I have them both on my DVR and watch at times like this. Saturday morning, in bed with my laptop, TV and coffee.

It is time for The View to end. Hot topics can be interesting but those interviews on the couch are horrible! All of them.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

DeNiro is a person who doesn't talk very much. Whoopi is crazy about him, but I can't figure out why. I think she considers him as one of her best friends that she cherishes deeply. I hate the Friday shows, but Tim Gunn was interesting.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Interesting they are friends, cool.

The way they all line up along the couch facing the camera/audience is ill conceived. They all look uncomfortable. The celeb being interviewed doesn't know where to turn or who to address. And when Babs is there it is intolerable; she comands the attention and the guests usually gushes because that is protocol, not because they think she is all that.

And when Babs is there it is intolerable; she comands the attention and the guests usually gushes because that is protocol, not because they think she is all that.
    ...and she's the one who out of nowhere brings up inappropriate/"scandalous" type questions. For example...When she questioned T.R. Knight about his exit from Grey's Anatomy. My God! I'm sure that's a sore subject for him and he's pretty much past it BUT she just HAD to ask him about it. Barbara continues this type of questioning over and over again. Many times she's cringe worthy.

FORT Fogey

I think Barbara brings up stuff like that because she still operates from a false assumption that the audience is stupid and doesn't know most of the stuff that she knows.
    QUEENOF3 likes this.

FORT Fogey

She still operates on the level of female journalist fluff circa 1959. She doesn't realize the level of professional women who have achieved status in broadcast journalism today far surpasses her.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I think Barbara brings up stuff like that because she still operates from a false assumption that the audience is stupid and doesn't know most of the stuff that she knows.
    She delivers facts, that are widely known, as if she is delivering breaking news. She is hopelessly square, humorless and self absorbed.

Celebrities, media and political figures buy into her manufactured image to keep them out of any controversy. Easier to soothe Babs and call it a day.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 04-29-2013 at 10:52 AM.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    She delivers facts, that are widely known, as if she is delivering breaking news. She is hopelessly square, humorless and self absorbed.

Celebrities, media and political figures buy into her manufactured image to keep them out of any controversy. Easier to soothe Babs and call it a day.
    And unfortunately we all end up suffering through Babs' self-glorification because of this.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

Barbara's power seems to be so diminshed now vs what it once was that I really do wonder what would happen if a big star were to take her on and/or diss her. Stars used to have to kiss her bottom, because if they ever did anything bad, she'd be the one they'd turn to for a saving face interview. But now, there are SO many other options - and better options. Most of the disgraced stars turn to Oprah or Katie Couric to help restore their images. I really wish one would have the courage to just call her out one day - and point out the very obvious things she reports assuming everyone doesn't know - just to find out what happens. I'm just not convinced that she has the power to destroy them from behind the scenes that she used to.

+ Reply to Thread