+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    How delightful! Wonder what Babs and Bill think of that attitude.
    I think they love it. That is pure Whoopie and why she is there in the anchor position.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Wow! How delightful. It's become apparent that Whoopi has just been phoning it in and collecting a paycheck. Must really chap her a$$ that she is no longer a sought-after actress. She's become a bitter ol' lady. I think it's time for this show to go to the ABC graveyard, or revamp the entire panel. I'd prefer the former.
    OK, I've got to speak up for Whoop. I'm sure she has done enough acting to satisfy herself, at this point in her life; she has moved to being, more so, a director. There is life after acting. She also still into her comedy act. When she does take a movie role, it is only one that she really wants to do. It's not like she's in the breadline, trying to 'remember when'.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I think they love it. That is pure Whoopie and why she is there in the anchor position.
    Yup, pure Whoopie!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    OK, I've got to speak up for Whoop. I'm sure she has done enough acting to satisfy herself, at this point in her life; she has moved to being, more so, a director. There is life after acting. She also still into her comedy act. When she does take a movie role, it is only one that she really wants to do. It's not like she's in the breadline, trying to 'remember when'.
    That's all fine and dandy, but she sounds like an ungrateful witch in that quote. It's almost like doing this show is beneath her or something. I'm sure she gets paid an awful lot, for not much work (well other than listening to those other knuckleheads) so why does she sound so disdainful? Like I said way back when~~it's like she's being held against her will.
    Florimel and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    That's all fine and dandy, but she sounds like an ungrateful witch in that quote. It's almost like doing this show is beneath her or something. I'm sure she gets paid an awful lot, for not much work (well other than listening to those other knuckleheads) so why does she sound so disdainful? Like I said way back when~~it's like she's being held against her will.
    Exactly! That's why I said I can't see Babs and Bill loving that kind of attitude toward her job on their show.

I like Whoopi, but she can get a tissy attitude about a lot of things. I've noticed that since she came on The View. IMO, she often takes odd positions and has quite an attitude about them for some unexplained reason. I can't figure out where it comes from. Maybe that's just her.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

"tissy".....interesting word!

My thinking is that it's just her, and that if we really knew her, we'd know that. I have acquaintances with personality quirks that some people wouldn't understand, but I've come to know them and there may be something that encurages me to tolerate them....or not. I do know that their personalities are not for everybody! Like everybody else in the world, I have to make my decision whether to "meet them where they are", or not.....and there are some that I don't.

I do think that she can be strangely crabby, sometimes. IMO, that when she seems to get quiet; everybody has a bad day sometimes. Adults, babies, pets, ME...and so forth. I tend to get quiet and keep to myself when I'm having a bad day; my pets isolate themselves from me on their bad days (and I give them their space); babies....you've just got to take them as they come.

I'm not about "faking it" just because I've got to be around the boss(-es). I appreciate somebody who is comfortable enough to just be who they are.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I agree that it's nice for people to be comfortable with who they are, but when a network is paying you a boatload of money to do an easy job for a grand total of one hour a day, I think you can put some enthusiasm and energy into it.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I agree that it's nice for people to be comfortable with who they are, but when a network is paying you a boatload of money to do an easy job for a grand total of one hour a day, I think you can put some enthusiasm and energy into it.
    I hear what you're saying and agree. As much as I love Whoopi, and understand her philosophy/attitude on life, she shows her personal feelings way way too much on this show. I don't mean during the Hot Topics portion which gives the co hosts some opportunity to convey how they feel. It's how she acts towards some guests that's off putting, to me. At times, she's downright disrespectful. She's a "host" of the show and, therefore, inviting these guests into her home. Sometimes, you'd never know it!!

I've watched/dvr'd this show for YEARS. It has become a part of my routine and I've usually enjoyed it. Not lately!! I'd say The View began to hit the skids about a year ago and now it's like watching a train wreck. Since her announcement about leaving, Joy has been phoning it in, Whoopi is bored and has been for a while, Sherri has turned into an attention hog, and Elizabeth has a huge chip on her shoulder. My opinion of Barbara is that she should have retired a couple of years ago. She drives me totally nuts and I tend to FF through the show when she's on. Oh, and the only time their conversations have any zip is during the election season.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

I recorded it yesterday and couldn't be bothered to watch
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread