+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1524Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

I haven't watched it yet, but I can kind of understand her bringing it up. He's been pretty much out of the public eye since that happened, and isn't on the record as saying much about all of it. At the time it happened, Katherine Heigel was pretty much the one who expressed his point of view on the situation. Stars go on shows like that to share their personalities in order to get us to watch or listen to a project they've done, which they stand to make money from if we check it out. If they are going to sell their lives to get us to watch stuff, then they have to be prepared to sell some degree of their lives. I see this kind of like David Letterman grilling Lindsay Lohan about rehab earlier this week. THere are things about the two situations that are very different - Lindsay is in the position she is because of her stupid choices and not being held accountable for them, and TR Knight was in his situation because of the insensitive nature of a co-worker. But the Grey's Anatomy role is what people relate to with him. So to identify him with that show, and with what he went through, will help people relate to him. That in turn will encourage people to go see the movie, which is why he was there.

FORT Fogey

Babs thinks she has to be true to her reputation as a journalist (which she never really was, in my opinion) by bringing up controversial subjects ... even when they are no longer controversial, relevant, or even mildly interesting.
    prhoshay and Shoepie like this.

FORT Fan

It's my understanding that before any well known person goes on a show like this there is a list of acceptable topics created which they will respond to when asked. And also a list of items they will not respond to for various reasons.

Now here's the tricky part: one can want a particular topic introduced in order to remind viewers of a controversy or previous work they've done but the agreement is tht the topic will be introduced as a "reminder" to the viewers but will NOT be responded to.

For some reason I think that Bab's question falls into that third category: the reminder of TR's previous work was given but he did not want or have to respond tp it or engage in a full discussion of it.

Remember that stars have huge lists of what they want/don't want in their dressing rooms etc. This kind of "topic list" falls into a similar category.

I think Barbara looked great today - her hair, her jewelry & make up. Yup she looked good
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Is that Maria Menounos doing that chattering-sounding monkey laugh? It's hideous.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Whoopi's response when asked who she thought should replace Joy.

ďLet me tell you this about The View: I take a paycheck every other week. Thatís all I do. I could give a sh-t what comes. I do my jobóI have a contract. Thatís where I stand. I donít give a f-ck. It is Barbara's show.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    LOL good for her!! thanks Shoepie
    -Andy Rooney-

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Let me tell you this about The View: I take a paycheck every other week. That’s all I do. I could give a sh-t what comes. I do my job—I have a contract. That’s where I stand. I don’t give a f-ck. It is Barbara's show.
    Wow! How delightful. It's become apparent that Whoopi has just been phoning it in and collecting a paycheck. Must really chap her a$$ that she is no longer a sought-after actress. She's become a bitter ol' lady. I think it's time for this show to go to the ABC graveyard, or revamp the entire panel. I'd prefer the former.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Wow! How delightful. It's become apparent that Whoopi has just been phoning it in and collecting a paycheck. Must really chap her a$$ that she is no longer a sought-after actress. She's become a bitter ol' lady. I think it's time for this show to go to the ABC graveyard, or revamp the entire panel. I'd prefer the former.
    I would phone it in if I had to sit with Babs I am.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

How delightful! Wonder what Babs and Bill think of that attitude.

+ Reply to Thread