+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1551Likes

Thread: The View

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2126955;
    Now that you mention it, there has not been a full hour of Hot Topics since Rosie came to the show. We used to see a full hour, every so often. I'd welcome a full hour!
    hot topics is my favorite part of the show ... and very often, the only part i watch, unless there's a guest i'm interested in seeing. speaking of guests, tim allen and martin short on friday were freaking HILARIOUS!!

i guess i'm in the minority, but enjoy this show ... i have even started to like elisabeth. i especially enjoy it a lot more now that star is gone. star was the reason i quit watching before.

and rosie's fascination with barbra streisand has been hilarious ...
    Last edited by barefootdyke; 11-04-2006 at 03:06 AM. Reason: wanted to add another thought :)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Loved it when Rosie (literally) lost her mind over Streisand and her hubby staying in her Florida home while she was in Florida!!! That was too cute!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2126891;
    Quite frankly, I don't think there's a single woman on the show that does a very good job of arguing her political views. I hear nothing but talking points from all of them! Then again, I don't know how any of them could actually lay out an argument. As much as they all talk over each other, they never get a chance to say enough words to lay out an argument!
    Excellent points! The thing that really bugs me about the show is that there are a lot of people who seem to take these screeching harpies' words seriously. It's like an upscale Jerry Springer in a way. Totally off-putting.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Reality Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2128800;
    hot topics is my favorite part of the show ... and very often, the only part i watch, unless there's a guest i'm interested in seeing. speaking of guests, tim allen and martin short on friday were freaking HILARIOUS!!

i guess i'm in the minority, but enjoy this show ... i have even started to like elisabeth. i especially enjoy it a lot more now that star is gone. star was the reason i quit watching before.

and rosie's fascination with barbra streisand has been hilarious ...
    Well, I agree 100% with everything you just said. I record the show daily and usually only watch the hot topics, or like yourself, if someone is on I want to see I'll continue watching. I wish they'd just have a whole show of them around the table

Ever since Rosie came on, Elisabeth has been a lot more tolerable. I enjoy her interaction with Rosie a lot. There seems to be a genuine fondness between them.

The one that annoys me on the show is Barbara Walters She's more concerned about what's being said and how it will look, than really just letting 'the views' be discussed. There's been a few times Rosie has said something and Barbara has felt the need to explain, as if to smooth over ruffled feathers. That is annoying! It's "the view" for a reason, they're allowed having them.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowluver;2129465;
    The one that annoys me on the show is Barbara Walters She's more concerned about what's being said and how it will look, than really just letting 'the views' be discussed. There's been a few times Rosie has said something and Barbara has felt the need to explain, as if to smooth over ruffled feathers. That is annoying! It's "the view" for a reason, they're allowed having them.
    I'm with you. It's funny that the least outspoken person on the panel is the one who's the most annoying. For someone so concerned about harmony and propriety she picked the wrong line of work.

Dear Lord, with best friends like Elisabeth's... who needs enemies??? These two don't sound like they have a great relationship at all.

But I loved the fact that the girl just dumped water on Rosie after Rosie accidentally spilled on her. Funny moment.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

^^^Yeah that was really funny...It didn't seem like Rosie did it on purpose though...

And I can't believe they gave all that stuff to the 2 from the amazing race...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    The show's generosity today was amazing! They are a cute couple!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Geez, I can't believe I was crying my by the end of The View.

I agree about Elizabeth's friend, she didn't seem really loyal. Maybe she's Elizabeth's best friend who lives next to the studio and had an available babysitter.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Frenemies, that's what they are.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread