+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1435Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fan

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I stand by my belief that Babs only made that announcement about Elizabeth not leaving to squash current headlines / rumours about it. And in fact Babs is probably correct in the sense that Elizabeth will be sticking around for the rest of the season. Then come mid-summer / end of August Babs will make her official announcement that Elizabeth will not be returning in the new season starting up in September.

They're doing "damage" control right now because the news was leaked prematurely. But Babs and company sure as hell ain't foolin' me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    My impression is that Eliz leaked the news herself to give a heads up that she will be available to work in other venues. I can totally see her being a Palin-like "commentator" on Fox.

Not that I watch her on The View nor would watch her there or anywhere anymore than I watched Palin which was zilch times.
    Florimel and bee stung lips like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    OH no. I missed it. I love Holly Hunter, as an actress. I haven't seen her in long time either.

I saw her on weeds, she wasn't that good imho. I guess others liked her.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I don't think that a show on Fox News would really be all that appealing to Elisabeth, just because of the scheudle. Meredith Vierra said many times that The View was perfect for her as her kids were growing up because it allowed her to see them off to school, then go into work, and still be home when they got home from school. Elisabeth knows schedule wise what a great gig she has. If she were to go to Fox News, she'd most likely either have to be at work early in the morning for the morning show, or give up nights at home with her family to do their prime time shows. I can't see Elisabeth sacrificing her family that much for stardom when her kids are as young as they are.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I don't think that a show on Fox News would really be all that appealing to Elisabeth, just because of the scheudle. Meredith Vierra said many times that The View was perfect for her as her kids were growing up because it allowed her to see them off to school, then go into work, and still be home when they got home from school. Elisabeth knows schedule wise what a great gig she has. If she were to go to Fox News, she'd most likely either have to be at work early in the morning for the morning show, or give up nights at home with her family to do their prime time shows. I can't see Elisabeth sacrificing her family that much for stardom when her kids are as young as they are.
    I think Palin only did commentary once a week.
    IMO that would be easier than doing The View.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    The job I saw had nothing to do with Fox, but I think you are right about the children.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I saw her on weeds, she wasn't that good imho. I guess others liked her.
    I didn't know she was on Weeds. When? Are you referring to Mary Louise Parker or Jennifer Jason Leigh, who played Nancy's sister?
    I checked out the photo of Holly Hunter on her Wiki page. YIKES. That is really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I didn't know she was on Weeds. When? Are you referring to Mary Louise Parker or Jennifer Jason Leigh, who played Nancy's sister?
    I checked out the photo of Holly Hunter on her Wiki page. YIKES. That is really sad.
    Maybe it was the face- sorry

Saving Grace has a photo of her as well. She looks different to that photo- I think its an ongoing thing with her ( her surgery that is) I guess I wonder why.?
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 03-13-2013 at 10:58 AM.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

A couple of days ago, I posted about how mad I was at the way all the women except Barbara misrepresented the new book written by the COO of Facebook. In the discussion, both Whoopie and Elisabeth claimed to have read the book. Well today, I started reading it. I made it through the intro, which is about 8 pages long. In the introduction, she states specifically that she is NOT blaming women, she is NOT denying institutional barriers. She pretty much says she is NOT doing exactly what Elisabeth and Whoopi were claiming she was saying, with some help from Sherri. It was pathetic!!!! Made me very mad all over again.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Different people get different things from what they read in a book....and remember that Whoopi is dyslexic! Personally, I got the impression that they weren't exactly being truthful when they said they had read the book....there was just something about the way they said they had read the book. I think I know BS when I see/hear it!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I agree with you. When Barbara directly asked Elisabeth if she had read it, the pause before she said yes was very telling. In the case of that discussion, I think Barbara was absolutely correct in challenging them to respond to the arguments of the book. Agree with her or not, Sheryl Sandberg's book is providing a lot for women to think about and talk about. The whole idea behind The View is supposed to be to bring different perspectives to a vareity of topics and promote women's differing points of view. The way they just shut down any consideration of what Sandberg is saying was a shame.

+ Reply to Thread