+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1426Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Ali Wentworth could take her place, plus she is up to date, Joy hangs around in the past
    That is the name I was fishing for, yes! She is a likelly suspect.

She will be a nodding dog, as well. I don't care for her. She can be witty but all too often tries to steal the show. Oprah had her on a panel thing she did for awhile and it was clear that Oprah tired of her very quickly.

FORT Fogey

I hope they don't put Ali Wentworth on the show. I like her in small doses, but could not take it if she was there sucking up all the attention every day. I also have a feeling her husband would have a very hard time with her revealing private details about their family on a daily basis. (I say her husband instead of naming him because I know I can't spell George's last name!) About the replacements - you're right that they've stayed with a young woman in the Debbie/Lisa/Elisabeth seat. But since then, I don't think they've replaced the women with the same roles. I don't think Starr was on the show as the "overweight black woman". I think she was on the show with the perspective of a career driven woman who had chosen a path other than the tradition wife/mother role. With Sherri, they went running back to a woman with a kid. Now, the closest they have to a woman who pursued a career outside of show business is Barbara, and her perspective on that is outdated. With Joy, I hope they focus on someone of her age and stage in life rather than feeling like they need a comedian. The original idea of the show was to have a woman in her 20s, one in her 30s, one in her 40s and one in her 50s. They also represented differnet walks of life - choosing family, choosing motherhood, having not reached that decision point yet. I like those perspectives. That matters more to me than hair color, weight, or other superficial characteristics.
    Debb70 likes this.

I'm not sure about Ali. I recall her being on Oprah on Fridays and really liked her. Now that I think about it, I can sort of see it. I have seen Ali on GMA a couple of times that I thought she was drunk. I'm not kidding. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm not sure about Ali. I recall her being on Oprah on Fridays and really liked her. Now that I think about it, I can sort of see it. I have seen Ali on GMA a couple of times that I thought she was drunk. I'm not kidding. lol
    She says pretty much what she thinks( like Joy) she just seems a wee bit fresher, and up to date.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I read a few articles that said Brooke Shields is at the top of the wish list to replace Joy. Who knows if it's true. I might tune in if a) Brooke is on the show and b) Elizabeth is not.
    tapper01 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Brooke? what does she offer Even her views are blah.

Elizabeth is staying, they just said
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Brooke? what does she offer Even her views are blah.

Elizabeth is staying, they just said
    The article I read on People.com said that EH wasn't beng fired but kind of hinted if she chose to leave on her own they would support her. I am guessing she is leaving BW just doesn't want to look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Momoftriplets View Post
    The article I read on People.com said that EH wasn't beng fired but kind of hinted if she chose to leave on her own they would support her. I am guessing she is leaving BW just doesn't want to look bad.
    I read 6 months ago she was offered another job. It wasn't with fox and I have tried to look for the article. The show cannot be saved, no matter who stays or who goes imho
    -Andy Rooney-

If Elizabeth does end up leaving, and yes I know Babs says no way right now, I have a suggestion for a replacement. How about Bethenny Frankel??????????????? LOL Don't hate me. I couldn't resist.

Seriously, here are some women OVER 60 that they might consider coming aboard:

Bernadette Peters
    Cheryle Ladd
    Florence Henderson
    Goldie Hawn
    Jacqlyne Smith
    Jean Smart
    Lynda Carter
    Carly Simon
    Bythe Danner
    Last edited by Debb70; 03-11-2013 at 05:32 PM.

FORT Fogey

Oh Lord. ElisaTwit is staying. I knew it was too good to be true.

+ Reply to Thread