+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1811Likes

Thread: The View

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: The View

You ARE joking, right? Not the intellect part, the part about Kim being on the show? That would really be the death blow....

FORT Fogey

I believe that Joy made the decision to leave. There is no reason not to keep her on since she and Barbara are the two remaining original cast. And she gets along with everyone.

It sure seems this show is done. Barbara fails at being relevant and Whoopie doesn't keep up with what is current either. She has turned into a grouchy old curmudgeon. That leaves Sherri. I have faith that ABC will pull the plug. Barbara has lost her ability to trot.
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I disagree.I don't think there is a chance that ABC will pull the plug. Look how they struggled when they wiped out all their soaps. The Chew is still on the air, but certainly not doing as well as The View. And that other show they came up with, which I can't even remember the name, was gone almost as quickly as they threw it together. I think they'll be somewhat careful about the casting, and make sure they come up with relevant people who can contribute instead of being lured by big names. But I don't think this is a sign that they'll get rid of the show at all.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    You ARE joking, right? Not the intellect part, the part about Kim being on the show? That would really be the death blow....
    Totally thought it would lighten the mood
    prhoshay and Shoepie like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I heard one of the new co hosts would be Kim Kardashian, they wanted to raise the level of intellect on this show
    I can only imagine the kind of names that will be thrown out there to replace Joy (and Lizzy Bitch - if it's true she's been fired). So any names right now should be taken with not just a grain of salt, but a huge boatload. Although Elisabeth broke that barrier between reality tv and a legit tv gig - reality tv of today is a farce and full of honey boos who will fade away in time. I can't wait til Kate Gosselin uses up her last 15 minutes and I never see her (seemingly ageless - yeah right) face again.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

I just hope that when they work on finding replacements, they stick somewhat to the original intent of the show in terms of the age of the replacements. I would like to see them replace Joy with a woman who is older (and wiser would be nice), and replace Elisabeth with a younger woman - either a young mom, or a young woman who doesn't have children. If they give up on that, and go for big names instead, it could really take a lot away from the show. I don't think she'd ever do it, but I think Guilliana Rancic may be a fun replacement for Elisabeth.

Guilliana Rancic -for whatever reason I have no stomach for her. She looked even thinner than normal at the Oscars. Its never going to be the same, Joy had her thing. Elizabeth had hers, and if they all have to agree with BW, it will be like 4 nodding dogs
    -Andy Rooney-

Okay. Barbara just said that there are no plans for Elizabeth to leave AND Barbara said she is not leaving either! lol

There's nobody like Joy, but I think they can find someone who is intelligent, well spoken, funny and personable. I think someone in Joy's age range may be difficult to find though. Joy looks and acts a lot younger than she is.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I just hope that when they work on finding replacements, they stick somewhat to the original intent of the show in terms of the age of the replacements. I would like to see them replace Joy with a woman who is older (and wiser would be nice), and replace Elisabeth with a younger woman - either a young mom, or a young woman who doesn't have children. If they give up on that, and go for big names instead, it could really take a lot away from the show. I don't think she'd ever do it, but I think Guilliana Rancic may be a fun replacement for Elisabeth.
    they have stayed pretty true to form, when the first lady was canned (Debbie??) she was replaced with Lisa Ling, then Elisabeth - so it was filled with someone in that same general category. Starr replaced with Sherri - although not the same intellect, they fill the overweight black woman quotient, and Sheri isn't always putting her foot in her mouth and does have some valid opinions.

Meredith, to Rosie to Whoopie is different, but they're the moderators and each time they want someone dynamic.

I could def see them going for an older/wiser lady to replace Joy, but she was also the origianl comedian in the bunch, so does that now go to Sheri?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Okay. Barbara just said that there are no plans for Elizabeth to leave AND Barbara said she is not leaving either! lol

There's nobody like Joy, but I think they can find someone who is intelligent, well spoken, funny and personable. I think someone in Joy's age range may be difficult to find though. Joy looks and acts a lot younger than she is.
    Ali Wentworth could take her place, plus she is up to date, Joy hangs around in the past
    Debb70 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread