+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree983Likes

Thread: The View

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Why did they cancel her last show? I caught it twice, but it had quite a following ( Or so I was told) .
    Behar would like you to believe her show had quite a following, however, her show was cancelled due to poor ratings. Nancy Grace reruns were outperforming Behar's show so they cancelled Behar's show and replaced it with Nancy Grace reruns.

Her current show on Current TV is equally pathetic. Quick, show of hands, who knows the station number for Current TV? If you live here in Vegas, don't waste your time. It doesn't air on the Cox Cable system.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    There is nothing official on Elisabeth. Some are reporting that she is being fired ... and otters that she is a valued member and has a long-term contract. Sorry but if they get rid of her I won't watch it at all. I like a variety of opinions.

If you ever watch The Five (on FOX) it is mostly conservative, but some of the most interesting information is delivered when they spar with he liberal on the panel.
    It's too bad that Elisabeth wasn't fired at least a year ago, I'd probably still be watching. Oh no, wait, Babs was still there. Those two drove me away and over to the Talk. I think that the show could have two conservatives and two liberals and Babs who tries to stay neutral and it could have made for interesting TV. There are many conservative women out there who can get their point across intelligently and without shrieking. E.D Hill was one who I enjoyed when she guest hosted. She also represents the same demographic as Elisabeth, married with quite a few children.

Apparently E was turning off viewers, wow, go figure. Too bad they did not figure that out years ago, I think there have been enough complaints about her. Here and even on the ABC boards.
    momrek06, Imperfect1 and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I rarely watch talk shows anymore, but I watched the view today because Kevin Sorbo was guest hosting. I've always enjoyed his work and was surprised to hear that he suffered three strokes during his towards the end of making the Hercules series. The strokes were caused by an aneurysm in his shoulder and were bad enough that he had to learn to walk again. He's written a book about it all that I think will be a good read. We never hear personal stories about his, his wife, or his children. I have come to admire this man even more now.

I am disappointed in how many people say such terrible things about Barbara Walters. She, like most other people, has always said or done things I haven't liked, but her contributions over the years to even make possible the strides women have made in broadcasting will never be forgotten, at least by me. There are things I vehemently dislike about every one of the View's hosts, and I think Barbara deserves better.
    Awwwww......That's sweeeet!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

All of the news reports are citing the same source - US Weekly. I'll believe it when another, more reputable source has confirmation.

I'd be thrilled if Elizabeth left. She's the reason I don't watch the show. They really "traded down" when they went from Lisa Ling to her. LL is so intelligent and well-spoken. They should have hired Rachel Campos to replace her. She's conservative, but she's not so shrill and annoying.
    momrek06 and JavaJo like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Behar would like you to believe her show had quite a following, however, her show was cancelled due to poor ratings. Nancy Grace reruns were outperforming Behar's show so they cancelled Behar's show and replaced it with Nancy Grace reruns.

Her current show on Current TV is equally pathetic. Quick, show of hands, who knows the station number for Current TV? If you live here in Vegas, don't waste your time. It doesn't air on the Cox Cable system.
    We call her big mouth Behar . She doesn't have clue about Canada, and its awful when Elizabeth has to tell her when she is wrong!

If she had good ratings, her show would not have been cancelled. I very much doubt we will see her again.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

The View

I'm not too sure I believe Elizabeth is getting the boot because of her views not "vibing" with viewers. She's had her views and opinions for a long time and I think she's actually been a little bit better in the last year or so. But then again, I don't know what the producers are looking for and using to measure. It seems like they would've gotten rid of her a long time ago when she was really obnoxious and almost unbearable.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    All of the news reports are citing the same source - US Weekly. I'll believe it when another, more reputable source has confirmation.

I'd be thrilled if Elizabeth left. She's the reason I don't watch the show. They really "traded down" when they went from Lisa Ling to her. LL is so intelligent and well-spoken. They should have hired Rachel Campos to replace her. She's conservative, but she's not so shrill and annoying.
    The link posted above is from Reuters, a reliable source. Looks like they are going to rework the View into another format maybe to help with lower ratings. Or perhaps end it. I rarely watch it anymore.

Interesting about Elisabeth! I'll miss Joy much more. However, I'd be a heck of a lot happier if the news were that BW was retiring!

Looks like they're cleaning house.

Hope this doesn't mean the end of the show. I can't stand The Talk...
    bee stung lips likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    The link posted above is from Reuters, a reliable source. Looks like they are going to rework the View into another format maybe to help with lower ratings. Or perhaps end it. I rarely watch it anymore.
    On another forum, it said all contracts were under review since BW spent time at home watching. I don't know the reason - I sometimes tune in for the first 10 mins and not once have I ever tuned in for Sherri's 'view' on anything

If Joy wants to do stand up, I hope she succeeds, and if Elizabeth has another job waiting - good for her.

I think both ladies are better off this sinking ship
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

The Reuters article cited US magazine as a source.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread