+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1606Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Totally enjoyed Elisabeth and Joy going at it this morning, while Rosie sat there with the "See...it isn't me" look on her face!

I think this panel is working out better than anyone expected.

I think we should look at what classes Kerry and Bush, each, took before we put a lot of merit as to who is smarter. Basket weaving doesn't count!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I've been hoping that Elizabeth would learn how to debate so that the View could actually be a coming together to discuss current events from all points of view. However, she lost me today when she said "you should chose to either fight the war on terror or fight republicans". What an idiot!

this is funny...

of course the lone conservative voice on there will be called an "idiot" or whatever. people can't just agree to disagree.

i think The View should just quit the charade and become a sunday morning talk show. They do enjoy screaming at each other alot. I have to admit that i am surprised Elizabeth haven't punked out yet and is holding her ground and haven't let them force her off the show. She is however being fake acting like she really likes Rosie.

these people seem to even enjoy bringing up politics even on days when there is no real political topic they NEED to touch on. They could be talking about some food and somehow Rosie will bring up the war or say something about Bush

people will see what they want to see and feel how they wanna feel, so i don't see the point of these people getting all heated and whatnot discussing/defending Bush or Kerry or any politican that don't give an F about them anyways.

Please let this crap go off the air.

Man I wish I could've have seen this...I've only recently started watching the show because of Rosie she is freaking hilarious...But its hard to get to watch regularly when taking care of an infant...But when I do get the chance to watch its very entertaing, althought I can't stand Elisabeth...

Lol see GabbyG my dad and I were watching it and we both said,"Fight Republicans" outloud at the same time. Yes, Rosie's look was priceless, like she was saying, "see, y'all thought I would be the problem here."
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;2126090;
    this is funny...

of course the lone conservative voice on there will be called an "idiot" or whatever. people can't just agree to disagree.
    If Elisabeth did a better job of supporting and discussin her views, instead of just spouting off republican tag lines and rhetoric, then there might be a few less "idiot" comments. I don't agree with her viewpoints and I don't always agree with Joy's or Rosie's either. However, Joy and Rosie come off as much more informed on the issues. Elisabeth just needs to learn how to debate. I think the former, conservative "Real World" host candidate, Rachel would be more than able to hold her own against Joy. The main problem is with Elisabeth and not her views.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;2126090;
    this is funny...

I did not call Elizabeth an idiot because she is gives the conservative/republican viewpoint, I called her an idiot because of what she said about republicans being the only party worried about terrorism. I actually like(d) Elizabeth and want to see her do well in the discussions.

FORT Fogey
    Quite frankly, I don't think there's a single woman on the show that does a very good job of arguing her political views. I hear nothing but talking points from all of them! Then again, I don't know how any of them could actually lay out an argument. As much as they all talk over each other, they never get a chance to say enough words to lay out an argument!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    They only have so much time for Hot Topics, so they've got to get in and get on with it. They've got to get to their "fluff" pieces.

Now that you mention it, there has not been a full hour of Hot Topics since Rosie came to the show. We used to see a full hour, every so often. I'd welcome a full hour!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2126891;
    Quite frankly, I don't think there's a single woman on the show that does a very good job of arguing her political views. I hear nothing but talking points from all of them! Then again, I don't know how any of them could actually lay out an argument. As much as they all talk over each other, they never get a chance to say enough words to lay out an argument!
    Exactly why I can't watch any more. That cacophany brings to mind what used to happen when I'd open the hen house door to feed them. Everyone clucking at once and no individual chicken standing apart from the flock. Who of us is rude enough to just drown out everyone else in every conversation in which we take part? Maybe occasionally we would, but every single day? I hardly think I would hang with a group that did that. And I no longer do. Joy,Elizabeth and especially Rosie will have to go it alone.

+ Reply to Thread