+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

There is nothing official on Elisabeth. Some are reporting that she is being fired ... and otters that she is a valued member and has a long-term contract. Sorry but if they get rid of her I won't watch it at all. I like a variety of opinions.

If you ever watch The Five (on FOX) it is mostly conservative, but some of the most interesting information is delivered when they spar with he liberal on the panel.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

IF reports are true that Elisabeth is out at The View too, then my guess would be they are losing viewers to The Talk, so they're making adjustments. Joy and Elisabeth are the two most passionate about politics on the show. The Talk isn't very political. Maybe they are trying to get back to girl talk instead of heated political talk.
    Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    IF reports are true that Elisabeth is out at The View too, then my guess would be they are losing viewers to The Talk, so they're making adjustments. Joy and Elisabeth are the two most passionate about politics on the show. The Talk isn't very political. Maybe they are trying to get back to girl talk instead of heated political talk.
    They still do' hot topics' and since the election I haven't heard anythting political( although I don't see very show) it did seem nicer without BW- but that's my opinion. I think The talk is better than the view
    Shoepie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I am not a fan of Joy. She can dish it out, she can't take it. But that's another thread. I wouldn't watch her. I like that she admits she has used fillers and botox for years now , and that's why she looks good.

I bet Whoopie will be next to go, she always seems out of it lately.
    Oh she can take it. Big time take it. That is yet another reason I love her. She really does not care what comes her way. She is solid, happy and secure.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Whoa! Elisabeth out too? Yep, this is the swan song.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    BSL, it would be cruel of you to get my hopes up if this is not true!!! LOL Oh happy days!

Seriously, I really think this show has more than run its course and should say a graceful goodbye. Joy and Elisashriek are leaving. I'm sure Barbara can find other things to do. Whoopie has seemed bored for years, and I can't understand why she's stayed this long except that it's probably easy money for her. Sherri has sort of grown on me, but I won't miss her terribly, and she has a career beyond this show. And BTW, not that it really matters, but I do not believe that Joy is a size 6. I weigh 115 pounds on a fat day and wear a 6. I think Joy weighs significantly more than that.
    ITA! Joy is a lovely looking woman. 12 maybe...expensive 10? It doesn't matter.
    Need40winks likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Oh she can take it. Big time take it. That is yet another reason I love her. She really does not care what comes her way. She is solid, happy and secure.
    Nope she cannot..She surrounds herself ( as someone else posted) with people that agree with her, so sorry, she can dish it out, but she cannot take it. I am glad she is off my screen
    I always thought it would be whoopie who would leave first, but its an easy gig for her. No effort as far as clothes etc.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 03-08-2013 at 06:46 PM.
    Uncle David likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

While I am not an 'everyday' viewer by any means I will miss JOY. I like her allot. No way she is a 6. I am a 6 and I am 5'6, 125. 12 is more like it.

Eliz, I may watch MORE if she is gone.
    Need40winks likes this.
    KAREN

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    BSL, it would be cruel of you to get my hopes up if this is not true!!! LOL Oh happy days!

Seriously, I really think this show has more than run its course and should say a graceful goodbye. Joy and Elisashriek are leaving. I'm sure Barbara can find other things to do. Whoopie has seemed bored for years, and I can't understand why she's stayed this long except that it's probably easy money for her. Sherri has sort of grown on me, but I won't miss her terribly, and she has a career beyond this show. And BTW, not that it really matters, but I do not believe that Joy is a size 6. I weigh 115 pounds on a fat day and wear a 6. I think Joy weighs significantly more than that.
    Elisashriek? OMG, I almost choked on my ice water just now.

What to say of this show? I don't see how it can survive with two of its hosts gone. Maybe it's time to throw in the towel on this show. I'm sure Elizabeth won't miss a beat, if it's true that she's been let go. I'm sure Fox News is already lining a gig for her as we speak...

I will miss Joy, though.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Just saw this on Google right now. Looks definite that Eliz is out.

Elisabeth Hasselbeck to leave ABC talk show The View: reports | Reuters
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread