+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree975Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I will truly miss Joy! She has her faults but, in general, I think she's smart and adds a lot to most topics and if she can't she keeps still (...rather than Sherri, but that's for another thread). However, I will admit her jokes are so darn scripted which can be annoying.

I, too, wish the news had been that BW was leaving. It's beyond time for her to go.

Whoopi's next. Just wait...

I bet they replace Joy with Ali Wentworth. She's also smart and a comedian (sp?) who has been well received when making guest appearances as a host.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Ali would be great, and she is hilarious! She looks so much better since she got her eyes done. That's a cosmetic surgery that deserves applause!

I love my Joy! I can understand her wanting to move on and do other things.
    Need40winks likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I am thin, I always have been. But Kelly and Nicole are way too thin. I always wanted to put weight on!! and I was tired of being called twiggy. Don't forget a 6/8 is no longer a regular 6/8 which is what I sometimes wear!! if they start at a size zero - well there is no place to go but up.ECM I think you look lovely as you are
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I love Ali!! that would be geat! and I sure wont miss Joy - but I do wish her well .I hope they do a look back, her hair is a scream and she looks younger now than 15 years ago
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Newbie

I heard a rumor that Barbara is the reason behind Joy leaving. Apparently Joy was the one who leaked to the press about that actor giving Barbara the chicken pox. Just a rumor I red online..ill look again for the link to the article

I rarely watch talk shows anymore, but I watched the view today because Kevin Sorbo was guest hosting. I've always enjoyed his work and was surprised to hear that he suffered three strokes during his towards the end of making the Hercules series. The strokes were caused by an aneurysm in his shoulder and were bad enough that he had to learn to walk again. He's written a book about it all that I think will be a good read. We never hear personal stories about his, his wife, or his children. I have come to admire this man even more now.

I am disappointed in how many people say such terrible things about Barbara Walters. She, like most other people, has always said or done things I haven't liked, but her contributions over the years to even make possible the strides women have made in broadcasting will never be forgotten, at least by me. There are things I vehemently dislike about every one of the View's hosts, and I think Barbara deserves better.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I am disappointed in how many people say such terrible things about Barbara Walters. She, like most other people, has always said or done things I haven't liked, but her contributions over the years to even make possible the strides women have made in broadcasting will never be forgotten, at least by me. There are things I vehemently dislike about every one of the View's hosts, and I think Barbara deserves better.
    There comes a time, imho when you walk away on high note. Its time for BW to do just this. She isn't the Barbara Walters I knew when I saw her interviewing heads of state. She is a fussy nitpick, she interrupts and she forgets things, as one if apt to do as we age. I think it time she shut the show down, before even more is said about her, that is even less flattering. jmho
    bee stung lips likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

The View

I just read on Radar online that Elizabeth has been let go from the View an will not be returning next season...wow...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Hmm, it also said because she was too right wing.I think there are many others that are more right wing than her.I guess they dont want a different View after all

I think its because she likes reality TV, and BW hates it.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I just read on Radar online that Elizabeth has been let go from the View an will not be returning next season...wow...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    BSL, it would be cruel of you to get my hopes up if this is not true!!! LOL Oh happy days!

Seriously, I really think this show has more than run its course and should say a graceful goodbye. Joy and Elisashriek are leaving. I'm sure Barbara can find other things to do. Whoopie has seemed bored for years, and I can't understand why she's stayed this long except that it's probably easy money for her. Sherri has sort of grown on me, but I won't miss her terribly, and she has a career beyond this show. And BTW, not that it really matters, but I do not believe that Joy is a size 6. I weigh 115 pounds on a fat day and wear a 6. I think Joy weighs significantly more than that.
    Shoepie and bee stung lips like this.

+ Reply to Thread