+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1548Likes

Thread: The View

  1. #9561
    9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,046

    Re: The View

    I also think Joy looks great for 70! Truthfully, I haven't watched in years, probably since Meredith left, but I do tune in on rare occasion, and of course, love to come to this thread to see what witty comments you lovely folks make about the show. I did enjoy Joy but honestly, how much longer will this show go on? I think it has run its course. And as Debb has said, she certainly is set financially and doesn't need the money, for sure.

    ETA: Fanny, I just read your comment above. Care to fill me in on how she is thin-skinned? As I said, I haven't watched in years but she always made me laugh when I did watch. Also, I wasn't aware she had used fillers and/or botox ( I am never good at spotting this, anyway, like a lot of folks can) , but I have to say that she is a larger-sized woman, as compared to skinny Elizabeth and Barbara, and when you have a few pounds on you, the extra pounds on your face keep your face less wrinkled, imo.
    Last edited by Eastcoastmom; 03-08-2013 at 12:15 PM.
    Shoepie likes this.

  2. #9562
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,221

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I also think Joy looks great for 70! Truthfully, I haven't watched in years, probably since Meredith left, but I do tune in on rare occasion, and of course, love to come to this thread to see what witty comments you lovely folks make about the show. I did enjoy Joy but honestly, how much longer will this show go on? I think it has run its course. And as Debb has said, she certainly is set financially and doesn't need the money, for sure.
    Especially now she married Steve, all that bunk about marriage being the end of the world
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  3. #9563
    FORT Fogey Miss_Griss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3,230

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I also think Joy looks great for 70! Truthfully, I haven't watched in years, probably since Meredith left, but I do tune in on rare occasion, and of course, love to come to this thread to see what witty comments you lovely folks make about the show. I did enjoy Joy but honestly, how much longer will this show go on? I think it has run its course. And as Debb has said, she certainly is set financially and doesn't need the money, for sure.

    ETA: Fanny, I just read your comment above. Care to fill me in on how she is thin-skinned? As I said, I haven't watched in years but she always made me laugh when I did watch. Also, I wasn't aware she had used fillers and/or botox ( I am never good at spotting this, anyway, like a lot of folks can) , but I have to say that she is a larger-sized woman, as compared to skinny Elizabeth and Barbara, and when you have a few pounds on you, the extra pounds on your face keep your face less wrinkled, imo.
    I realize you qualified it with "compared to skinny Elizabeth and Barbara," but Joy is not "larger-sized" by any definition. I'll bet she isn't more than a size 6 max.

    OK. Now that I've done my mini rant on the way women perceive weight, what I really came here to say is: With Joy leaving, none of the original cast will be there (other than BW, who will undoubtedly go down with the ship).
    Seeking form amidst the void.

    But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

  4. #9564
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,221

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I also think Joy looks great for 70! Truthfully, I haven't watched in years, probably since Meredith left, but I do tune in on rare occasion, and of course, love to come to this thread to see what witty comments you lovely folks make about the show. I did enjoy Joy but honestly, how much longer will this show go on? I think it has run its course. And as Debb has said, she certainly is set financially and doesn't need the money, for sure.

    ETA: Fanny, I just read your comment above. Care to fill me in on how she is thin-skinned? As I said, I haven't watched in years but she always made me laugh when I did watch. Also, I wasn't aware she had used fillers and/or botox ( I am never good at spotting this, anyway, like a lot of folks can) , but I have to say that she is a larger-sized woman, as compared to skinny Elizabeth and Barbara, and when you have a few pounds on you, the extra pounds on your face keep your face less wrinkled, imo.
    She has been wrong( usually politically or something to do with Canada) and she wouldn't say she was wrong,She didn't like being put in her place as to the facts. She wouldn't be an easy person to live with, comics generally aren't..

    As for fillers etc, she has always marinated she used botox, its the one thing I like about her.She is 70, and like Valerie Harper and Jane Fonda -nobody has skin that does not line by that age

    I'll bet she isn't more than a size 6 max.
    When they did their fashion show she said 6/8, not that far away from the skinny bitches she likes to put down
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 03-08-2013 at 01:18 PM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  5. #9565
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,221

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by firegirl View Post
    I just wanted a place to rant about this show. I hardly ever catch it but it seems every time I do I want to reach through the screen and slap Star and Joy. These two women act so superior to the guests and to anyone that does not agree w/their opinions. In fact it is because of them that I don't watch the show. If I see that they are to have a guest on that interests me I will try to time it to see the guest but sometimes I just happen to see them for a few minutes and I can't believe they act like they do!!!!!!!

    ok I feel better. Anyone else have an opinion on the women of the View?
    In 2003 you were right! and you are still right today
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  6. #9566
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,212

    Re: The View

    Joy is not my favorite on The View, but the show is going to be very strange without her. In many ways, she defines the tone of the show for me more than any of the other women - probably because she's always been there. I agree with the comment that she can be thin-skinned. I think that Joy is one of those people who for the most part will surround herself with people and things that agree with her way of thinking, and isn't very open to other points of view. When they talk about politics, she seems to talk about it as "good guys" and "bad guys" rather than with any deep thought. It's also annoyed me slightly to know she has writers who come up with jokes for her every day, since they did the behind the scenes show a few years ago. Ever since I found that out, it's really stuck out to me the way she works so hard to work an obvioulsy prepared remark into the discussion -- and then will look at the audience with a smile on her face wating for a response. Even though she's not my favorite, I will miss her presence on the show. When Star finally left, I cheered. When I heard Joy was leaving, I was kind of sad. I think that Joy has evolved over the time she's been on the show, and realizes now that she can carry a show on her own instead of being part of a group. It seems like she's having a harder time being part of the ensemble. I always thought Rosie struggled with that, but Rosie was too arrogant to see it, or try to be a team player. Joy has tried to be a team player, and now she's ready to go shine on her own. She's done it the right way, and I applaud her for that.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

  7. #9567
    9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,046

    Re: The View

    Miss_Griss, like I said, I haven't watched the show in years so I really don't know how large or small Joy is. Poor choice of words as I know she is definitely not plus-sized. A few years back she had lost quite a bit of weight and was plugging the diet, but can't remember if it was Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem, SlimFast, or whatever. Is she really only a size 6 now? She does have a bosom, which I believe is her own. I do know that to me many of today's celebrities appear emaciated. Today Nicole Ritchie was on the Kelly and Michael Show and she was even skinnier than Kelly Ripa (whom I affectionately call Ms. Bobblehead), if that is possible. FWIW, I AM a plus-sized woman, and would certainly not bash her as being too large b/c I, myself, am quite sensitive when it comes to the topic of weight.

  8. #9568
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,221

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Joy is not my favorite on The View, but the show is going to be very strange without her. In many ways, she defines the tone of the show for me more than any of the other women - probably because she's always been there. I agree with the comment that she can be thin-skinned. I think that Joy is one of those people who for the most part will surround herself with people and things that agree with her way of thinking, and isn't very open to other points of view. When they talk about politics, she seems to talk about it as "good guys" and "bad guys" rather than with any deep thought. It's also annoyed me slightly to know she has writers who come up with jokes for her every day, since they did the behind the scenes show a few years ago. Ever since I found that out, it's really stuck out to me the way she works so hard to work an obvioulsy prepared remark into the discussion -- and then will look at the audience with a smile on her face wating for a response. Even though she's not my favorite, I will miss her presence on the show. When Star finally left, I cheered. When I heard Joy was leaving, I was kind of sad. I think that Joy has evolved over the time she's been on the show, and realizes now that she can carry a show on her own instead of being part of a group. It seems like she's having a harder time being part of the ensemble. I always thought Rosie struggled with that, but Rosie was too arrogant to see it, or try to be a team player. Joy has tried to be a team player, and now she's ready to go shine on her own. She's done it the right way, and I applaud her for that.
    Why did they cancel her last show? I caught it twice, but it had quite a following ( Or so I was told) .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  9. #9569
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,221

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Miss_Griss, like I said, I haven't watched the show in years so I really don't know how large or small Joy is. Poor choice of words as I know she is definitely not plus-sized. A few years back she had lost quite a bit of weight and was plugging the diet, but can't remember if it was Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem, SlimFast, or whatever. Is she really only a size 6 now? She does have a bosom, which I believe is her own. I do know that to me many of today's celebrities appear emaciated. Today Nicole Ritchie was on the Kelly and Michael Show and she was even skinnier than Kelly Ripa (whom I affectionately call Ms. Bobblehead), if that is possible. FWIW, I AM a plus-sized woman, and would certainly not bash her as being too large b/c I, myself, am quite sensitive when it comes to the topic of weight.
    I am thin, I always have been. But Kelly and Nicole are way too thin. I always wanted to put weight on!! and I was tired of being called twiggy. Don't forget a 6/8 is no longer a regular 6/8 which is what I sometimes wear!! if they start at a size zero - well there is no place to go but up.ECM I think you look lovely as you are
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  10. #9570
    FORT Fogey Miss_Griss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3,230

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Miss_Griss, like I said, I haven't watched the show in years so I really don't know how large or small Joy is. Poor choice of words as I know she is definitely not plus-sized. A few years back she had lost quite a bit of weight and was plugging the diet, but can't remember if it was Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem, SlimFast, or whatever. Is she really only a size 6 now? She does have a bosom, which I believe is her own. I do know that to me many of today's celebrities appear emaciated. Today Nicole Ritchie was on the Kelly and Michael Show and she was even skinnier than Kelly Ripa (whom I affectionately call Ms. Bobblehead), if that is possible. FWIW, I AM a plus-sized woman, and would certainly not bash her as being too large b/c I, myself, am quite sensitive when it comes to the topic of weight.
    Thanks for clarifying, ECM! Sorry if I came on too strong. Guess that's one of my hot buttons.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

    But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.