+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1602Likes

Thread: The View

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: The View

Joy Behar is leaving the show after 16 1/2 years. I can't believe the show has been on this long.
    http://http://tv.yahoo.com/news/joy-behar-leaving-abc-view-232710233.html

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Joy Behar is leaving the show after 16 1/2 years. I can't believe the show has been on this long.
    http://http://tv.yahoo.com/news/joy-behar-leaving-abc-view-232710233.html
    Just came here to post this....shocked...wow. Show won't be the same without her, imo.

Why couldn't that have been Barbara instead??? I wonder who will replace Joy...
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Link doesn't work for me. Did the story say why?
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Here, try this link: Joy Behar leaving "The View" after 16-year tenure - Yahoo! News
    Behar told Deadline.com in an interview on Thursday that "it seemed like the right time" to leave the long-running show, saying she wanted to focus on other projects, including writing a play and returning to stand-up comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I think by now boredom has set in, not just for the viewers, but also for them.I couldn't handle BW .Thanks for the link ECM
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

The View

I'm gonna miss Joy I love her humor and I love how she just says whatever she wants. Sometimes Babs just shakes her head. Ha!
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Why couldn't this be Babs leaving?????
    bee stung lips and Fanny Mare like this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I also read that Joy was in the talks with a producer about a new show just for her. I think she really liked doing her own show awhile back. It did well too, I hate it was cancelled. Still, I bet letting go of that money from The View must be difficult. I don't think their work day is very long and they have off Friday-Sunday and most holidays. PLUS, a long summer break. She must be pretty much set.

FORT Fogey

I am shocked Joy is 70. Never would I have thought; she looks fabulous. I think she just wants off The View and it is easier to say she wants to do other things. She already has another show of her own. This is going to signal the end of this show. Though there are some who do not like her there are many who do and watch for her primarily. I am one.

Barbara is on a slow decline as we have noticed, with some glee. So Sherri and Elisabeth. hmmmm Whoopie has turned into a grouch who is out of touch with current society. I used to enjoy her take on things when she was younger. Curious who will take her place.

It is probably time for all of them to walk away. I barely watch anymore; I took it off my DVR long ago.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

I am not a fan of Joy. She can dish it out, she can't take it. But that's another thread. I wouldn't watch her. I like that she admits she has used fillers and botox for years now , and that's why she looks good.

I bet Whoopie will be next to go, she always seems out of it lately.
    Uncle David likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread