+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1345Likes

Thread: The View

  1. #9541
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,004

    Re: The View

    BW didn't have a "mild coma"....the old goat had a "mild concussion".

    Wow! What if BW now comes down with shingles???!!! You need the chickenpox virus in your body to get shingles, and now she has it! Wonder how soon they can vaccinate her for shingles or if they already have? Somebody ask your doctor!!!

    I'm guessing that Frank's shingles is/was more of an uncomfortable inconvenience for him than anything else, unless he has a compromised immune system that hasn't been talked about. BW, on the other hand, is just "crumbly-looking"; her falling apart, like she did, wasn't a big surprise to me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  2. #9542
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21,661

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    BW didn't have a "mild coma"....the old goat had a "mild concussion".

    Wow! What if BW now comes down with shingles???!!! You need the chickenpox virus in your body to get shingles, and now she has it! Wonder how soon they can vaccinate her for shingles or if they already have? Somebody ask your doctor!!!

    I'm guessing that Frank's shingles is/was more of an uncomfortable inconvenience for him than anything else, unless he has a compromised immune system that hasn't been talked about. BW, on the other hand, is just "crumbly-looking"; her falling apart, like she did, wasn't a big surprise to me.
    ops I said coma. Yes, mild concussion, I loved the way she said just had to add- like Mrs Clinton had.

    I suspect they gave her the shingles vaccination.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  3. #9543
    FORT Fogey Miss_Griss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3,131

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I like him - shame his name just had to come out
    I agree that it's nobody's business, but it's not like it was an STD.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

    But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

  4. #9544
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,819

    Re: The View

    The silly thing here is that Barbara could have told the entire story exactly the same, and just said "a good friend who was also there had chicken pox" instead of having to mention that it was a very famous actor. If she's said "a friend" people would have moved along with her story. Because she dangled that extra information out there, she created the curiosity to try to figure it out.

  5. #9545
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21,661

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I agree that it's nobody's business, but it's not like it was an STD.

    No, but sometimes things can remain private. If he had shingles nobody knew up until BW had her little *I hugged an actor* piece. LOL
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  6. #9546
    FORT Fogey Miss_Griss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3,131

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    The silly thing here is that Barbara could have told the entire story exactly the same, and just said "a good friend who was also there had chicken pox" instead of having to mention that it was a very famous actor. If she's said "a friend" people would have moved along with her story. Because she dangled that extra information out there, she created the curiosity to try to figure it out.
    Exactly! She always has to remind us of how important she is.

    And I agree Fanny. Keeping things private is always a nice thing.

    I do think that (minus the specifics of who had the shingles) this is a good public service announcement. I had no idea that people with shingles were contagious. That never occurred to me. A friend of mine (who is not a famous actress) had shingles a couple of months ago, and she just went about her business going to work and trying to ignore the discomfort. I'm sure she didn't realize that she could be exposing people to chicken pox.
    Last edited by Miss_Griss; 03-07-2013 at 11:31 AM.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

    But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

  7. #9547
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: The View

    Barbara was barely able to do her trot this morning and Elizabeth helped her up the steps to her seat. She was wearing sensible shoes that did not go with her outfit! They almost looked like desert boots. She is showing her age.

  8. #9548
    FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    hangin' with the girls drinking Cosmos
    Posts
    7,731

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Barbara was barely able to do her trot this morning and Elizabeth helped her up the steps to her seat. She was wearing sensible shoes that did not go with her outfit! They almost looked like desert boots. She is showing her age.
    She should just retire and go out on a "good" note.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

  9. #9549
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21,661

    Re: The View

    I loved the blouse BW was wearing today. Colours like that suit her( and me )
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  10. #9550
    FORT Fan kireelady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    364

    The View

    The Babs discussion has me giggling nonstop. Some comments are just darn funny.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.