+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1541Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

I don't think Whoop's daughter is adopted. For some reason, I think she had her at an early age. Maybe Alex gets her height from her dad.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I don't think Whoop's daughter is adopted. For some reason, I think she had her at an early age. Maybe Alex gets her height from her dad.
    I think I have heard Whoopi say that she had her daughter when she was 15 or 16. Do you know who the father is?

From what I read on Wikipedia, Whoopi was 17-18 when her daughter was born in 1973. Daughter became a mother at age 16. Whoop's first hubby was a man named Alvin Martin; daughter is Alex Martin.

Whoop's been married 3 times.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Whoopi says she never loved her husbands and in fact only loved one man, who she refuses to name. And it wasn't Ted Danson.

Whoopi Goldberg Never Loved Her Husbands

FORT Fanatic

What's up with Whoops daughter on the show? Couldn't they get anyone else to sit in? I'm tired of the nepotism [which includes Dr Oz's daughter]. or maybe I'm just jealous that NO one ever gave me squat. Also...I haven't tuned in for a long time, and goodness, Joy doesn't seem to age. Wonder what her secret is...besides good lighting!

Over the weekend I read an article about the woman with the dating book. In the article she comes across as extremely annoying. If you want a good laugh, read the one and two star reviews of her book on amazon. I suggest also reading her list of 72 must have items in a man. sheesh.

FORT Fanatic

Just read the Whoopie link. How can you only be married for a year? I know she's NOT the only one who's done this, but goodness, the marriage goes to pot within a few months of the wedding? How does this happen?

I'm so sorry - I thought you were talking about Barbara's daughter.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101 View Post
    Just read the Whoopie link. How can you only be married for a year? I know she's NOT the only one who's done this, but goodness, the marriage goes to pot within a few months of the wedding? How does this happen?
    Ask Kim Kardashian? She can cancel one even quicker than that.

If you are smart enough to realize that you have married the super-wrong person, it is super-smart to get the heck out of it ASAP. Maybe I don't understand your question?

FORT Fogey

I tend to think that when a marriage fails that quickly after it takes place, it's for one of a few reasons. 1) When marriage was first brought up, one of the two people was not as enthusiastic about it, but went along to not hurt feelings figuring it wouldn't actually happen. They get deeper in, can't figure out how to get out, and hope for the best. 2) They recognize flaws in the relationship they hope will be fixed with marriage - such as "he's cheating on me, but as soon as there is a ring on his finger he'll stop". 3) They figure they live togethe, they are together all the time, nothing will change once they are married. Somehow, for some reason, there IS something that changes. The permanence of hte situation changes your mindset. For some, that brings added comfort and security. For others, it brings a strangling sense of discomfort and feeling trapped. If the second happens, it's understandable that you'd want out.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Or, on your last point, acookerTV, what changes is that all the stuff you've been bottling up when you weren't married, because you knew how easy it would be for your partner to walk, now comes pouring out...and the partner says, what the heck? My sloppiness (or neatness/OCD) never bothered you before.... Which is maybe one reason why people who live together before marriage are not less likely to get divorced than those who don't, but actually more likely....unlike what you might expect.

+ Reply to Thread