+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree977Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

I have never heard of a geriatric getting chickenpox! Shingles, yes, but not chickenpox. I talked to a friend in her mid-60s yesterday, and she told me that she'd never had chickenpox. I've been trying to encourage her to go in for a chickenpox vaccination; her insurance will probably cover the cost with no problem. What if she had the luck to get chickenpox, and then it was soon followed by shingles??? Not worth the risk to me! I'm still working on her! I got chickenpox from my pre-school child when I was 35-36 years old.....and THAT was OLD!!!

Is Whoopi really, possibly, leaving the show? The position she described sounds just ridiculous enough to be real. I would think the line would be long to get the job.

They keep doubling up on the guest hosts. Melissa Joan Hart was a total, boring dud. She was like watching paint dry.....please go away and do not come back! KaDee Strickland has fit in much better.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I thought of shingles as well . I wonder why they wouldnt say ?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

The View

Re Melissa Joan Hart, she's always been as boring as hell to me. In fact, is find watching paint dry far more entertaining than having to watch her. She's got about as much personality as a cooked ramen noodle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    prhoshay likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Re Melissa Joan Hart, she's always been as boring as hell to me. In fact, is find watching paint dry far more entertaining than having to watch her. She's got about as much personality as a cooked ramen noodle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same here, I have never cared for her.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I have never heard of a geriatric getting chickenpox! Shingles, yes, but not chickenpox. I talked to a friend in her mid-60s yesterday, and she told me that she'd never had chickenpox. I've been trying to encourage her to go in for a chickenpox vaccination; her insurance will probably cover the cost with no problem. What if she had the luck to get chickenpox, and then it was soon followed by shingles??? Not worth the risk to me! I'm still working on her! I got chickenpox from my pre-school child when I was 35-36 years old.....and THAT was OLD!!!

Is Whoopi really, possibly, leaving the show? The position she described sounds just ridiculous enough to be real. I would think the line would be long to get the job.

They keep doubling up on the guest hosts. Melissa Joan Hart was a total, boring dud. She was like watching paint dry.....please go away and do not come back! KaDee Strickland has fit in much better.
    I haven't been watching. What was the position Whoopi described?

I also didn't get chickenpox until I was 33. Not fun!

....What was the position Whoopi described?...
    It was a joke! Whoopi was describing a "new" U.S. government job regarding the legalization of marijuana and what some of the job responsibilities would be. i.e. making brownies She implied she had a lot of experience in that regard.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If the government will give money to people studying something so stupid as why little kids fall off tricycles, I'm convinced that anything will qualify.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    It was a joke! Whoopi was describing a "new" U.S. government job regarding the legalization of marijuana and what some of the job responsibilities would be. i.e. making brownies She implied she had a lot of experience in that regard.
    I don't usually watch the View, but occassionaly drop in here to read about it.

Whoopi may have been responding to a job here in Washington State, where marijuana is now legal. The state is looking for a Marijuana consultant, and you can probably find info by googling it. Though medicinal is already legal, it will become available to everyone in Dec.

FORT Fogey

That is exactly the job she was joking about

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    If the government will give money to people studying something so stupid as why little kids fall off tricycles, I'm convinced that anything will qualify.
    ITA. The goverment gave a grant to our local elementary school to send their teachers to Mexico for 2 weeks so they could learn Spanish. They stayed with families. Come on! They all came back with lots of cool silver jewelry and blankets. This school is in New England in a community with zero spanish speaking residents. And a good thing too, because they did not learn to speak it!

I don't believe Barbara had chicken pox, not for one minute. Shingles maybe. She may have a health problem they are trying to cover up. I don't think many viewers are all that interested. I have a hunch her appearance on the show maybe but cut down to once a week. That may be wishful thinking.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 02-01-2013 at 09:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread