+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1548Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Oprah received a huge amount of praise for her interviewing skills after talking with Lance. I was wondering if Barbara said anything. Her feathers must be ruffled. She referred to Oprah as a good entertainer in the past, as disdane dripped from her chin.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Sherri was hilarious on the show today, especially at the end of the show! She usually just gets on my nerves, but she actually had me laughing out loud today. She was waaaay into flip-out-mode over New Kids, 98 Degrees, and Boyz-2 today! I thought the line-up for their tour was going to be pretty one-note boring until they announced Boyz-2.....THAT was a brilliant move!

How foolish do we look when we revert to our teen selves, from out middle-aged selves, over people that used to make us looney??? Very....but it was kind of a fun show.
    I missed it, but can relate. You should see me at a Robert Plant concert! I haven't seen Donny Osmond in concert since the 80's, but I would definitely make a spectacle of myself. lol

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've never been one to scream for music idols, and I've never really understood it. Once, as a teen, I went to some concert with a girlfriend; she started screaming. I turned to her and asked her WHY she was screaming, and she said, "Everybody else was screaming, so I thought I would, too!" At that moment, I knew we were not destined to be lifelong friends!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Oprah received a huge amount of praise for her interviewing skills after talking with Lance. I was wondering if Barbara said anything. Her feathers must be ruffled. She referred to Oprah as a good entertainer in the past, as disdane dripped from her chin.
    She did say she was jealous that Oprah got to interview Lance. I don't know if she has been on the show since the interview.
    Shoepie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I've never been one to scream for music idols, and I've never really understood it. Once, as a teen, I went to some concert with a girlfriend; she started screaming. I turned to her and asked her WHY she was screaming, and she said, "Everybody else was screaming, so I thought I would, too!" At that moment, I knew we were not destined to be lifelong friends!
    I'm not sure why I'm that way. I always had great idols, like Davy Jones, Bobby Sherman, David Cassidy......the Donny. I guess it started when I was very young. My dad took me to see my first movie by the BEATLES!!!!! Yeah, bet that was it! lol

I've never been one to scream for music idols, and I've never really understood it.
    I used to say that too, until I went and saw NKOTBSB for the first time. The songs just hit me somewhere deep that made me get excited and even cry, reminded me of my teenage years. Now, I never got to see them when I was a teenager, so who knows how I would have been if I had seen them then. I was (and still am a bit) obsessed with them.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

LOVED As Long As You Love Me!!!!!!!! I still get into that song! There is just something about it.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    LOVED As Long As You Love Me!!!!!!!! I still get into that song! There is just something about it.
    Oh me too! It was one of those laid back listening type of songs where you just took it easy and enjoyed the song for what it was.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I cannot stomach BW. Each day, when the women walk on to the stage, my heart drops when I see her round the corner. Everything.must.be.about.her. UGH!

I honestly don't know how Whoopie can tolerate Barbara's constant interference. I mean, who's the moderator?!?!

That said, I do hope she's doing ok and is released from the hospital soon. It's a big deal when a person in their 80s falls and has a head injury!

Maybe she'll take this as a sign and RETIRE. *sigh*

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

BW........God is tryin' to tell you somethin'!

I think that may be from one of my favorite movies The Color Purple!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread