+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1563Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

Even when they discussed Sandy Hook which was minimal, at best, Whoop was surprisingly silent, as I recall, because I was waiting to hear what Whoopi had to say.

I remember when Rosie tore Tom Sellick a "new one"!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Rosie has since admitted that she was waaaay out of control over Columbine. She suffered deep depression and was out of it. (Before she went on meds.) Have you heard the story of how she called Oprah one night and went on and on about how horrible it was? Oprah has talked about how it was very bizarre and she still remembers it. I think she referred Rosie to therapy. They discussed it on some show last year.

I can't even imagine what Rosie went through with the Sandy Creek murders. She may be in the hospital. I'm not sure how she could handle something that tragic. Even with meds.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    I know that Tom Selleck is (or at least was). Can't remember the incident, but years ago Rosie had him on her show and she was all up in his face about outlawing guns and such - he said nothing - it was awkward.
    It was an ambush, he was on there for another reason. Rosie imnsho is an idiot
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I just found out that Rosie and her recent wife have a new baby girl!

Just getting caught up on a few episodes … who saw BRADLEY COOPER this week??

What a great guy!!! He is just so nice and soooooooo HOT!!!!
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    It was an ambush, he was on there for another reason. Rosie imnsho is an idiot
    in fairness to everyone - TS appeared shortly after the incident and it was well known he was a staunch supporter of the NRA - I'm not saying anyone was right or wrong - it was a highly emotional time and I'm sure she regrets how she conducted herself.

it wasn't an ambush - he was scheduled to appear on the show and he knew his views could be called into question. He had the opportunity to opt out if he felt uncomfortable given the timeframe.
    prhoshay and Florimel like this.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

I disagree that it wasn't an ambush. He went on the show to promote a movie, and talk about the movie. Since talk shows like Rosie always do pre-interviews, it is reasonable to assume he had done a pre-interview, so he had an idea of what subjects would be discussed. Rosie's show, at least at that time, was light and fun. He went on to talk about a movie and maybe tell a few funny stories that had happened in his life, and suddenly Rosie was coming at him full force challenging his views on guns. If he had been invited on to defend the NRA, it would have been justified. Since he wasn't, I think calling it an ambush is fair. For him to have been expected to anticipate it may come up would be like a TV star preparing to discuss peace negotiations in the middle east when going on Ellen's show. He wasn't going on a politically focused show.
    dagwood and bee stung lips like this.

Here you go. Rosie and TS.

KAREN

FORT Fogey

It has been a long time since I had watched that interview. I had forgotten how calm and composed he was able to remain throughout the discussion. Very impressive on his part.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Just getting caught up on a few episodes … who saw BRADLEY COOPER this week??

What a great guy!!! He is just so nice and soooooooo HOT!!!!
    He was terrific on The View especially considering it was his first time on the show. I thought he was totally relaxed, talkative, and very happy to be there. I also loved how he took the time to talk to Elisabeth about her season on Survivor and how he watched every episode. Me thinks he had/has some kind of small crush on her. heh I enjoyed his appearance and hope he returns one day.

+ Reply to Thread