+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1502Likes

Thread: The View

Well, I wouldn't suggest that anyone take the opinion of either of them. If I need child rearing advice, I prefer to get it from someone who I know has actually raised a child, no nanny's involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Well, I wouldn't suggest that anyone take the opinion of either of them. If I need child rearing advice, I prefer to get it from someone who I know has actually raised a child, no nanny's involved.
    yep ^

i don't know if this discussion is related to something that happened on the show because i will only scan the show every few days to look for a fight

but

my comment on the subject is that i hate it when alot of lady 'celebrities' have children they become authorities on the subject. They apparently think they are the first person in the history of the world to give birth and raise children. The Kathy Giffords and Jenny McCarthy's annoy the hell out of me. Don't nobody care.

and about this gay subject that keep coming up. Don't nobody care if Rosie is gay. Rosie is making it an issue, Rosie's beef shouldn't be with Elisabeth or anybody else, I don't for one second beleive that Elisabeth has a problem with Rosie or anybody being gay. If you ask her her opinion on the topic of gay marriage she'll say she's against it. she is entiltled to heer opinion and she should not be called a homophobe or people shouldn't say she's full of hate.

show wise... of course ratings are obviously going to go up... but i think this will be the last season of this show. people are still tuning in hoping for the 'blowup' to happen (at least i am), the spell will soon wear off and the rating will plumeth back to the Star Jones days. From what i've seen of the show since Rosies arrival, i think it's even WORST than before. Stupid Rosie style broadway stuff. stupid seating charts, Barbra Walters is trying to play the viewing audience with her seating chart. Elisabeth is not really being herself, neither is the rest of em as they are catering to queen Rosie. everybody being all fake like they are bestest friends. Of all people i thought at least Joy woukld keep it real, i'd like to see her and Rosie have a big 'blowup'

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg View Post
    Of all people i thought at least Joy woukld keep it real, i'd like to see her and Rosie have a big 'blowup'
    I didn't quite catch the entire discussion in yesterday's show, but it sounded like Rosie said she was the homecoming queen somewhere(?) and Joy piped in and asked "was that based on beauty or what?"

and Rosie took total offense and started berating Joy's choice of words and said something to the effect that everyone on her blog thought that her and Elizabeth would be having problems and instead it was Joy. You could tell Joy was really holding her tongue back on that one.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    So funny, Lildago and I were talking earlier about how niave we were before we had kids, the "I'll never do that" syndrome. Elisabeth can only give an uninformed opinion where as Rosie can speak from experience. I'd take Rosie's advice long before I'd take Elisabeth's.. although I would listen to Liz's opinion I wouldn't be as inclined to heed the advice (unless it was good and mirrored my own .. but isn't that what we all do anyway?)
    This seems to imply that there is only one effective way of raising kids. It seems to me that Elisabeth and Tim can do it their way, Rosie and Kelly can do it there way, and BOTH can be quite effective, even though they're different.

Veruka, I don't think that implication is there at all. It's very easy for people without children to sit back and say what they would or would not do. Once one becomes a parent and has that life experience, alot of those opinions change. Personally, I don't like Rosie but she has more experience when it comes to raising children. That doesn't make her opinions right and Elisabeth's wrong. Just means that Elisabeth will not experience some of the issues Rosie has until her baby is older. I'd listen to Rosie's take on things like potty training, first day of school, etc. because she's been through those things with her children. Makes a difference.

FORT Fogey
    In the instances where I've seen Rosie talk over Elisabeth as if she doesn't know what she's talking about, they've been talking about parenting issues that Elisabeth HAS experienced, such as diaper rash.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka View Post
    This seems to imply that there is only one effective way of raising kids.
    Yes it does if you only pluck out one sentence and quote it slightly out of context. As I said in an eariler post...

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    as for Rosie being an authority on raising children - she just IS, yes, Liz has a kid too but she only has one 2 yr old Rosie has way more experience than Liz will ever have, and while each experience with each indivdual child is different Rosie has 4 opportunities to experience the same events and circumstances.
    One parent doesn't even raise children of the same family in the same way. There is one effective way to raise each individual child, and that is in the way that the child best responds to.

One thing both of them have that most of us don't is a paid support staff. It's not quite as hard to be a parent with all of those other people to hand your kids off to as it is to raise them in a couple or.. the hardest job of all.. raise them all on your own.

Hats off to single parents out there - I don't know how you do it.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Home on a sick day... drugged up on 1000mg doses of Amoxicillin... and I'm able to laugh like a fool at the Hot Topics today.

I missed the very beginning... who is this guest host? Elisabeth just started talking about teaching Grace about Halloween and how to say Trick or Treat. She asked the others for advice. The guest host immediately says that she doesn't celebrate holiday because it's the devil's celebration. Rosie pipes in with something along the lines of "this is rich, someone telling Elisabeth that she isn't Christian enough."
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

@ Andy Dick!

PR finalists bit was okay... nothing exciting...
    Huh? Oh, you talkin' to me? Sorry, I didn't hear you.

Could one of you contact ABC and let them know that we don't want any more little skits by Rosie, etal. Thankyouverymuch.

+ Reply to Thread