+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1426Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by annifran View Post
    I thought it amusing that Barbara was given the farthest chair away from the center of things during the election coverage last night, and most of the time one would not even know she was there because she was not even shown on screen. She did babble about much of nothing and had nothing pertinent of note to add to the conversation. Some people never know when it's time to wrap things up and retire.
    I forgot she was there. I love Diane Sawyer, and she was the one that I was listening to.Babs did start to babble and I changed the channel
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I am enjoying The View again after a long hiatus. The camera now focuses on Whoppies face everytime Barbara interrupts or does her 'master of the obvious' trip. Talking about how long the lines were for voting and how cold it was, for instance. Really? We had not realized that.

For some inexplicable reason people in the industry seem to tip toe around her. It is not because she has any power but my guess is that they think she is dearly loved and do not want to get flack for being the one to exclude her or diss her in anyway.

I remember when Bette Davis appeared, in what turned out to be her final appearance in public, at the Ocars. She desperatly needed to be removed from the stage and they made a few lame but failed attempts until a commercial break gave them the excuse. I am not comparing the two. Bette had much more reason to garner this treatment. Merely a statement to illustrate that sometimes one overstays their visit.

Bill (?), the producer, must be at his limit.

On a positive note she had on, what appeared to be, fabulous red boot shoes today.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    On a positive note she had on, what appeared to be, fabulous red boot shoes today.
    Too bad she didn't click her heels together twice so she could have been sent home--for good!
    prhoshay, Shoepie and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You are soooo wonderfully baaaaad!!!!!!
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    You are soooo wonderfully baaaaad!!!!!!
    I try my best....lol
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

Barbara was offended that Lindsay Lohan cancelled her interview with her. The excuse, 'she is just not up for it.' She has a new PR agency and they booked her on Jay Leno instead. Babs showed the emotion of miffed but it was clear she was boiling inside. They showed a small clip of the begining of the interview that never happened and Lindsay was out of it. I am sure her PR people said 10 minutes on Jay's couch was enough if they tend her to her for 48 hours before she appears.

Whoopie had a dread cut. She can have the bald spots removed. It is not that big of a deal. They cut the bald spot out and close the scalp. I have a hunch she will do that next summer when they are on hiatus. It may be time to lose the dreds and go natural. She probably has more than what we see on the top.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I was wondering what Barbara's reaction would be, Shoepie. Was she still butt-kissing in the hopes that Lindsay might still sit down with her in the future? How much more humiliation is Barbara willing to bear? She used to be the person that everyone in Hollywood wanted to talk to. Now she is left to sucking up to washed up reality stars (Paris Hilton) and trainwrecks going off the rails. Maybe she should call up Gary Busey or Donald Trump. Haha.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Lindsey could disappear and never come back, for all I care. Nothing like reinforcing/encouraging bad behavior.
    Shoepie and bee stung lips like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Lindsey could disappear and never come back, for all I care. Nothing like reinforcing/encouraging bad behavior.
    If she keeps going at the current rate, that is exactly what is going to happen. Her parents won't even be able to say they did everything they could to help her, like most parents of addicts say. They will be blaming each other and fighting for every last morsel of publicity they can get. BLECH!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I cant see why Walters is so upset about not having this interview. I never hear anything good about Lindsay, her parents are as screwed up as she is. Did she think Lindsay was going to say something to her, that we hadn't heard before.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread