+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1602Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

My understanding is that guests can insist that certain things not be asked about in interviews, so Barbara's questions were preapproved. I didn't see the episode, but with the drug/alcohol problems that Bobbi Christina has it seems odd to not address it. I think too many people tap danced around her substance abuse problem and it ended up killing her. Whitnes has been dead for a number of months. I'm not sure how addressing Bobbi Christina's substance abuse at this time is rude, inappropriate or irrelevant. Perhaps facing the truth could save her life.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Why does Barbara like to trot around the corner like a show pony when she first comes on the stage?? I think she does anything to irritate me.
    I have not watched this show in a long time. I had to tune in today to see this. Oh good god, she does trot.

Have to hand it to Whoopie today. Babs interrupted her and Whoopie handled her with some irritation, which was good.

FORT Fogey

I put this back on my DVR. I love watching Whoopie keep Babs in line and show her irritation; it happened again today! She is declining a little faster now. She cannot come up with words more and more often.

Chit, I do that but I don't trot.

FORT Fogey

Oh no, Barbara is on the ABC panel for election news coverage tonight. What is she going to comment on ... what the candidates' wives are wearing? I hope that whatever she says, it's written out word-for-word for her to read; otherwise, she will be babbling.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Oh no, Barbara is on the ABC panel for election news coverage tonight. What is she going to comment on ... what the candidates' wives are wearing? I hope that whatever she says, it's written out word-for-word for her to read; otherwise, she will be babbling.
    She fancies herself a powerful and serious news figure. She knows Henry Kissinger doncha know. I watched MSNBC. I prefer the news be delivered by Rachael Maddow.
    Sphere and AlwaysVeg like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Rachel is impressive.
    Sphere and Shoepie like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Newbie

I wonder what old Lizzie will have to say today??

Quote Originally Posted by QUEENOF3 View Post
    I wonder what old Lizzie will have to say today??
    It will be interesting, I dont agree with her views( except she is pro choice and she is for gay marriage) I am just glad that she is there, and not like a nodding dog agreeing with everyone
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I thought it amusing that Barbara was given the farthest chair away from the center of things during the election coverage last night, and most of the time one would not even know she was there because she was not even shown on screen. She did babble about much of nothing and had nothing pertinent of note to add to the conversation. Some people never know when it's time to wrap things up and retire.
    Shoepie and AlwaysVeg like this.

FORT Fogey

I'm willing to bet she pulled all kinds of strings and/or her agent forced the issue for her to be on the show, as she didn't have anything the least bit important to do. She was sitting in front of a computer pretending to know how to use it. I hear she is jealous of Diane Sawyer from way back.
    Shoepie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread