+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Was it just me, or did things get kind of tense when Whitney Houston's family came on the show? I got the impression that Barbara really rubbed the sister-in-law the wrong way. I almost expected to hear a "Look, let me tell you something...." from Pat. I couldn't believe that BW asked Whitney's mother if she was afraid that Bobbi Kristina was going to go down the same path (substance abuse) that her mother went down! That just seemed inappropriate to me, considering that the woman just lost her daughter a short while ago. I was half expecting the guests to get up and walk off the show. I was disappointed that Whoopi wasn't sitting with Barbara and Sherri...or, instead of Sherri. Pat's 14 year old daughter was also with the Houstons. Over all, it was kind of uncomfortable....for me.

I was also disappointed that they cut off the debate discussion so soon. The control room told them to "Move on." That was BULL!
    I couldn't watch this. Not only was it inappropriate for BW to ask that question about Bobbi Kristina in terms of Whitney's mother having just lost her daughter, she's also asking that question (and thereby judging and criticizing) a teenage girl who has just lost her mother. If there's anything harder than losing a child, it's losing a parent while you're still young and vice versa. Two of the hardest, most tragic things that can happen to a person.

I generally don't have a lot of patience for celebrities who complain about paparazzi (at least in public spaces) because you chose that life. But one thing I really abhor is how, when a celebrity does something scandalous or, heaven forbid, passes away, we turn our eyes to their immediate family members. Those who did not sign on for this, and are doing nothing but trying to deal with their own difficult time. Losing a parent is immensely difficult and often causes even the most well-adjusted children to act out, and we know that Bobbi Kristina grew up with a significant amount of dysfunction. My heart goes out to her.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    I generally don't have a lot of patience for celebrities who complain about paparazzi (at least in public spaces) because you chose that life. But one thing I really abhor is how, when a celebrity does something scandalous or, heaven forbid, passes away, we turn our eyes to their immediate family members. Those who did not sign on for this, and are doing nothing but trying to deal with their own difficult time. Losing a parent is immensely difficult and often causes even the most well-adjusted children to act out, and we know that Bobbi Kristina grew up with a significant amount of dysfunction. My heart goes out to her.
    I'm not sure I understand this part of your comment. Is it in response to the interview on the View or are you saying the public is scrutinizing BK a bit much in light of what she's been through in life? Either way, some of that attention is what she and her family are asking for. First an Oprah interview just weeks after Whitney's death and now a reality show? It's ridiculous in my opinion. Her sister-in-law seems to be driving this bus and doesn't truly care about Cissy or BK.
    Lil Bit and Debb70 like this.

FORT Fogey

I agree with you kireelady. I think that a celebrity's family deserves privacy as long as they behave as private citizens. In this case, the Houston family opened up their privacy by doing a reality show. If they are looking to make money by opening up their lives for everyone to watch, then they are also inviting a certain degree of scrutiny for what they are doing. They are seeking their own celebrity now, and in doing so, subject themselves to the invasion of privacy that celebrities endure.

Yup, you do a show and you open your family to all sorts of questions and ridicule .They want privacy, this isn't the way to go about it.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm guessing that they have their reasons, whether we agree with them or not. Their show starts tonight.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Well her mother didn't look happy they are doing it. I choose not to watch it, each to their own I guess.
    -Andy Rooney-

Did you notice that the mother did not speak against it, though? She didn't really even have to be there to help promote the show, if she was in that much disagreement, but there she sat. I, personally, wondered why Pat's the 14 year old daughter was there; for the experience, I'm guessing, because there was ZERO reason for her appearance.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Did you notice that the mother did not speak against it, though? She didn't really even have to be there to help promote the show, if she was in that much disagreement, but there she sat. I, personally, wondered why Pat's the 14 year old daughter was there; for the experience, I'm guessing, because there was ZERO reason for her appearance.
    I thought she did shay, I thought when asked about doing the show, she said not really. Then the sister in law said and who tells Cissy what to do.I don't know who to believe, I would think she is still grieving and not thinking clearly.
    -Andy Rooney-

Why does Barbara like to trot around the corner like a show pony when she first comes on the stage?? I think she does anything to irritate me. On the other hand, I was glad that she addressed that redneck Donald Trump on his ridiculousness. She send him a message telling him that he was just making himself look foolish. Amen!

Today's show was fun! The Korean singer, Psy, was on doing his thing Gangnam Style. I adore him and that song....had to get up and join in!! My Korean hair stylist told me that Gangnam is a county in Korea. Psy really works it out!!! He is adorable with his round-faced self!
    Shoepie and momrek06 like this.

Why does Barbara like to trot around the corner like a show pony when she first comes on the stage?? I think she does anything to irritate me. On the other hand, I was glad that she addressed that redneck Donald Trump on his ridiculousness. She send him a message telling him that he was just making himself look foolish. Amen!

Today's show was fun! The Korean singer, Psy, was on doing his thing Gangnam Style. I adore him and that song....had to get up and join in!! My Korean hair stylist told me that Gangnam is a county in Korea. Psy really works it out!!! He is adorable with his round-faced self!
    Oh great, in CALI I am going to tape it.

Shay, you make me laugh so loud when you said BW = "I think she does anything to irritate me" HAHAHA. Well guess what, it irritates me too. "SHOW PONY" HAHAHA!!!!!

I am glad she called Trump out. Ugh.

AND I do like Psy quite the character!!!!
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread