+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    Belated Mudah!
    You look as young as you did when I met ya!

I finally was able to watch the show on Friday. I do enjoy Rosie's perspective most of the time, and was at her tell Joy how to potty train kids. "My 4 kids trump your 1 kid so there."
    Thank you very much. It's probably the pearls, and the modern hairdo. I really try to stay stylish, you know.

Do we think that Rosie actually had much to do with potty training anyone? I just can't see it happening, but could be wrong, I guess.

FORT Fogey
    I haven't watched the show much since Rosie joined, but I have taped it a few times, and I can't say I like it. It just seems like it's gone from being an ensemble show about equal women of various walks of life to being the Rosie show with a supporting cast. I don't like the way that Rosie tends to comment on everything first, tends to have the final say on everything, etc. She has kids ... so does Elisabeth. So why is Rosie's experience parenting the only one that seems to matter anymore?

I agree that there doesn't seem to be much equality of importance going on there.
    I would like to have been a fly on the wall at the first meeting with the whole cast. I wonder if it was just spelled out to Elisabeth and Joy that they will now just be background for Rosie and Barbara, or what. I also can't see anyone else being anxious to join the Rosie club. These four may be it, until Barbara's senility finishes taking over, and leaves it at just three.

I wish that bw had forwent working yesterday and instead worked today. I knew that she'd plug her interview with Mrs. Irwin and the fact that it has her b-day. She loves the attention.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Sorry but I love Rosie - its about time that these chicks know what it's like to be steamrolled.
    Rosie is just being herself, she has an opinion about everything and she's not afraid to express it.
    I was reading a gossip magazine and it said that Rosie is kind of driving BW nuts but there is no way that Rosie is going anywhere because viewship has increased by 1 million since Rosie came onboard.
    Something I don't really like to hear is that Rosie is kind of tormenting Elisabeth behind the scenes. I can see where Rosie is coming from, if you worked with a racial bigot you could be the victim or you could stand up for yourself. You could be the bigger person and ignore it or you could be an outspoken comedienne and needle the bigot a bit a hate crime is a hate crime weather it's inspired by race, creed or 'lifestyle'.
    Elisabeth is entitled to her ultra conservative views but how seriously could you take someone that looked down upon your life? Being gay isn't just a lifestyle as some people think - they are actually finding dna evidence that it's genetic.
    Veruka as for Rosie being an authority on raising children - she just IS, yes, Liz has a kid too but she only has one 2 yr oldm Rosie has way more experience than Liz will ever have, and while each experience with each indivdual child is different Rosie has 4 opportunities to experience the same events and circumstances. That makes her an authority.
    Amy it would have been nice if BW had stayed home yesterday - her pinched, fake surpise expression was not becoming.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I don't think Elisabeth's child is even 2 y/o....she's more like 19 months...and at that age, months can make a difference.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Is Elisabeth against gay marriage and gay relationships? I know she is very republican but I thought that her views towards gay relationships was an exception.

She once likened letting gay people marry to being able to marry your toaster. Even if she says that it was a joke, the girl doesn't have a funny bone in her body.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I do't think it's very professional of anyone to try and belittle a coworker. Unless Elisabeth directly insults Rosie then I feel that it would be better for Rosie to lay off. Bullying is never an attractive trait.

Who knows which of them is the best authority on children? Since Rosie has been a mother for ten years we can assume that she has had more experience up to this point, but isn't she at least fifteen years older than Elisabeth? Who knows what fifteen more years will mean for Elisabeth's knowledge of children?

You're right on both accounts Muduh (see? experience talking here people)
    Bullying is NOT good in any circumstance.

At this very moment I'd have to say that hands down Rosie is the authority, in 15 years Lizzy may become an authority but she doesn't quite have enough experience to act as one now.

So funny, Lildago and I were talking earlier about how niave we were before we had kids, the "I'll never do that" syndrome. Elisabeth can only give an uninformed opinion where as Rosie can speak from experience. I'd take Rosie's advice long before I'd take Elisabeth's.. although I would listen to Liz's opinion I wouldn't be as inclined to heed the advice (unless it was good and mirrored my own .. but isn't that what we all do anyway?)
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread