+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1548Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Barbara Walters ripping on the Queen made my English blood boil!
    I think she was ripped into, for what she said . I like this show far more when she isn't on it.
    Sphere and Baby's Breath like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Barbara Walters ripping on the Queen made my English blood boil!
    What the hell did old rubber lips say this time?
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    What the hell did old rubber lips say this time?
    "Old rubber lips" LOL! I didn't see the show, but apparently this is what she said:
    Barbara Walters launched an outrageous attack on Queen Elizabeth II for having a ‘sour face’ and dressing ‘like something out of the nineteenth century’ during the Olympics opening ceremony.

Read more: Barbara Walters launches attack on the Queen for having a 'sour face' and 'dressing like something out of the 19th century' in opening ceremony | Mail Online

I saw a video clip of Barbara dissing the Queen. It was so bizarre. She should have KNOWN better. Even the way she said her title was derogatory. Barbara has received invitations and/or Christmas cards from the Queen before because she brought them on the show to brag about it. I bet she is marked off the list now! lol

I think her mind is slipping. Someone is going to have to step in. Even very smart and together people get to an age where they say things that they would never have said earlier in life. I know my dad says some things in public that make me gasp and he's only in his 70's. I think Barbara is in her 80's right?

It's a shame that she cannot monitor herself anymore. Retire Barbara.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

FORT Fogey

I think Barbara needs to be retired before she completely loses it. At one time, she really was an impressive and remarkable woman and journalist. It's a shame to watch her go downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    I think Barbara needs to be retired before she completely loses it. At one time, she really was an impressive and remarkable woman and journalist. It's a shame to watch her go downhill.
    Yes, it's true. Don't you just know that others in the news arena are talking about it too? Why can't someone step in? Is Bill Geddy scared of losing his job? Perhaps Barbara's cousin, who is married to Sir Paul McCartney? I bet it didn't set well with her. Jackie, Barbara's daughter, probably doesn't want to rock the boat, since she's likely to inherit from Babs. I can understand her keeping silient from fear of upsetting her mom.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I wish Elisabeth would do something with her gnarly-looking hair. It is not, at all, flattering on her. She looks thinner than usual today. She needs to change something up!

I think Sherri looks better with the shorter wigs, but I didn't like that curly, poofy thing she wore. She reminded me of my "poor, dead Aunt Alma".
    Last edited by prhoshay; 08-01-2012 at 11:59 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    I never found her impressive and I am not alone on that. She even admits she was in the right place at the right time and that is accurate. Without her father she never would have gotten a place on Today with Dave Garroway. She was lifted to fame by being the first woman in her position and not because of her skill. She has always been humorless and hoplessly square. Her connections to powerful people came with the territory. She was manufactured and groomed to be who she is today. And what is that exactly?

Ok done. Apologies to those who disagree.

prhoshay I agree, Elisabeths hair needs help. It is too yellow and scraggly. Her hair is not thick to begin with and using extentions only serves to make it worse. She would look fabulous in a shoulder length cut.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I never found her impressive and I am not alone on that. She even admits she was in the right place at the right time and that is accurate. Without her father she never would have gotten a place on Today with Dave Garroway. She was lifted to fame by being the first woman in her position and not because of her skill. She has always been humorless and hoplessly square. Her connections to powerful people came with the territory. She was manufactured and groomed to be who she is today. And what is that exactly?

Ok done. Apologies to those who disagree.
    I couldn't POSSIBLY agree more.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Barbara, oh Barbara, you were so interruptive today, cutting off co-hosts' sentences and thoughts. It is so annoying when one of the co-hosts, or guests, begins a thought, only to never have it finished. Barbara, you're not letting them have "their view."

And for the world traveler you seem to be, how could you not know how to pronounce the capital of Croatia today after just having been there? It is not zaaa-grub with a stretched out first syllable and the accent on the second syllable and mispronounced as well -- it's za-greb with the accent on the first syllable. I didn't even recognize the name when you pronounced it -- had to go back and listen to it two more times until I actually caught what you were trying to say.

Not looking forward to Barbara's self-pronouncement of heavily promoting her upcoming TV special.
    Shoepie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread