+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1541Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I have been catching the show again at least once or twice per week lately. I have also started catching The Talk as well. I have found that I am enjoying The Talk more and more. Hmmmmm......they really do have a better show, IMO. Am I just tired of the same ladies after so long? I'm not sure what it is. The talk doesn't make me as anxious. lol

FORT Fogey

Last year, I really liked The Talk more. I'd record both shows, and found myself watching The Talk first, skipping The View more often. But when they got rid of Leah and Holly from The Talk, the show lost a lot of appeal for me. With them, it felt like a bunch of moms hanging out talking. With the new hosts, they lost that, and it started feeling even more like a knock-off of The View. I also didn't like that when they did get rid of those two, they didn't acknowledge the change on the show at all. It was like they could just make the change, and we'd never notice which bugged me. One of the things I've always liked about The View is that they will acknowledge what is happening with the show behind teh scenes. When Star left with all the drama, when Rosie and Elisabeth had their big blow out, etc, they talk about it on the show. They respect their audience enough to know that we know they are talking about it, so they might as well do it in front of us.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Last year, I really liked The Talk more. I'd record both shows, and found myself watching The Talk first, skipping The View more often. But when they got rid of Leah and Holly from The Talk, the show lost a lot of appeal for me. With them, it felt like a bunch of moms hanging out talking. With the new hosts, they lost that, and it started feeling even more like a knock-off of The View. I also didn't like that when they did get rid of those two, they didn't acknowledge the change on the show at all. It was like they could just make the change, and we'd never notice which bugged me. One of the things I've always liked about The View is that they will acknowledge what is happening with the show behind teh scenes. When Star left with all the drama, when Rosie and Elisabeth had their big blow out, etc, they talk about it on the show. They respect their audience enough to know that we know they are talking about it, so they might as well do it in front of us.
    Totally agree. The only thing I like about The Talk better than The View is that they don't talk over each other as much. They seem to give one another, as well as their guests a chance to speak without cutting them off or talking over one another. Other than that, I still see them as nothing more than a blatant knockoff of The View and nothing more.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Finally saw the show where Sherri was wearing the yellow dress. I thought the color was very pretty, but the fit of the dress was really ugly. Queen Latifah's dress was a waaay better fit. I think so many of Sherri's ugly fits have to do with her huge chest torpedoes....her clothes are just all out of proportion. The best-fitting, most flattering dress she has ever worn has been that Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress that, supposedly, looks good on everybody.

I also wonder if Sherri really "loves" her boobs, or is that just something she's trying to sell herself and the public on?

I also thought that that show was rather "disjointed" and, over all, it got on my nerves. It just didn't seem to flow.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Somebody tell Sherri that the phrase "most winningest" doesn't work! I want to plunk her nose!!

And when you get through telling Sherri, tell Elisabeth to lose that uglier-than-ugly necklace!!!

(I guess I'm holding court in the "critic's corner" today. )
    Debb70 and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Absolutely LOVED how the panel walked out and got everybody to singing "Moving On Up", in honor of Sherman Hemsley today!!! And EVERYBODY seemed to know the words! That Miranda Lambert woman didn't seem to know the words, since the show was done before she was born....she gets a pass.

Heck, even I was singing!! That was great fun!!!

Please tell what Miranda had to say. LOVE her, I hate I missed it. Did she talk about her marriage?

FORT Fogey

WTH was that on Whoopie's head? I only tuned in for a minute partway into the show. Was that a joke?

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    WTH was that on Whoopie's head? I only tuned in for a minute partway into the show. Was that a joke?
    I don't think it was. It was pink bow, and she looked silly

Maybe I missed the joke
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

The joke was about her misidentifying the person who, originally, sang "Movin' On Up" for The Jeffersons. She had said it was Roxie Roker, but it was Janet' DuBois, the actor who played Willona, on Good Times. To add to the "oopsy" today, she then said that she had gone to Roxie to apologize for the error; she, obviously, meant she had gone to Janet' ("Ja-nay"), since Roxie (Lenny Kravitz's mom) died multiple years ago! She was wearing a pink ribbon in her hair as atonement for her "brain fart"! Her point was, I think, that sometimes her brain gets weighed down, thus she tied her hair back.

And, I don't have any real idea what Miranda said, other than not having been born when The Jeffersons was on. I'm not into her music, so she didn't really hold any interest for me. She seems to be making the talk show rounds, so I'm sure you'll catch her if you want to see her. Somebody did ask about that hunky husband of hers, but I was not, mentally, present.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

+ Reply to Thread