+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1563Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Hunter's stories about Elizabeth Edwards are certainly not the first to say she was a mean-spirited woman. The book Game Change said the same thing, and there were other reports as well - some when she was still living. I've heard many people say that Elizabeth Edwards private persona was futher from her public persona than just about anyone else in politics. There have been enough that I tend to believe it must be true. But true or not, her children deserve the gift of believing the very best about their mom. They all lost her at ages entirely too young to live without a mother. A good woman who becomes romantically involved with a man who has children has to accept that she holds a responsibility to his children as well as to him. I think that's even more true when the mother of that man's children is dead. The thing that bothers me so much about what Rielle Hunter said about Elizabeth Edwards is that she slammed her like that, and has to then deal with the woman's children. It's either that, or completely ignore the children of the man she's involved with. Neither option is accetable in my book. Hunter failed to think about Edward's children when she wrote the book. That's fine if your a gossip reporter, or a political reporter writing a book. It's not okay when you're the kid's father's girlfriend.

And how do we know that Rielle didn't simply read all the other stuff , that was written about Elizabeth Edwards.Then put that it in her book, or does she say she got it all first hand, from the married man that cheated with her.
    I have had a couple of girlfriends that had cancer, and it changed who they were. I understood that it wasn't them it was the treatment and their pain that changed them.I just have no time for likes of Rielle Hunter, who has now become sort of celebrity for having sex with a married man.
    GabbyG and Debb70 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Skanky, trashy Rielle Hunter is making the rounds of the talk show. She is so foul that I can almost smell her. John Edwards is a disgusting piece of trash, too. I just want to slap the stupid, insipid smiles off both their faces.
    Well you're going to have to stand in line behind me, 'cause I want to slap the both of then first. UGH!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Hunter's stories about Elizabeth Edwards are certainly not the first to say she was a mean-spirited woman. The book Game Change said the same thing, and there were other reports as well - some when she was still living. I've heard many people say that Elizabeth Edwards private persona was futher from her public persona than just about anyone else in politics. There have been enough that I tend to believe it must be true.
    I was about to write the same thing, but you are much more eloquent than I am. Too many sources stating the meanness. That said, it seems like every interview Hunter mentions this. Let it lie.

As horrific as an affair by John might have been, under the circumstances, I could kinda, sorta, see it if it was an otherwise kind, intelligent woman, who just screwed up, but OMG to have an affair with that hunter woman is just mind boggling! She is clueless. She lacks insight into reason and decency, is out of touch with reality and has no moral compass. WHY pick that kind of woman? That's is what is so shocking and infuriating to me.

FORT Fogey

Because she could not be any more of a polar opposite than the strong, intellingent, driven, independent woman that Elizabeth was. If he said or did something stupid with Elizabeth, she could acknowledge it. If he said or did something stupid with Rielle, she'd never know it was stupid, and would instead just adorignly oogle over the fact that Johnny had done anything.

I agree with AcookerTv. Rielle was a polar opposite to his wife. Maybe a more decent women , if she was told about his wife's cancer. Or their renewing their vows( while she was pregnant) would have nothing to do with sleazy Edwards.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It doesn't matter to me what Elizabeth Edwards was like behind closed doors. He married her. If he wanted to sleep around, he needed to divorce her. You take vows, you honor them. The vows don't say, "Unless your wife turns out to be a castrating bitch." (<------not saying that EE was that, because I didn't know her) John Edwards is a slimeball. If he hadn't cheated with Riele Hunter, it would have been someone else. After seeing RH in an interview, I had even less respect for JE than I did before.
    prhoshay, combatcutie and Shoepie like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    It doesn't matter to me what Elizabeth Edwards was like behind closed doors. He married her. If he wanted to sleep around, he needed to divorce her. You take vows, you honor them. The vows don't say, "Unless your wife turns out to be a castrating bitch." (<------not saying that EE was that, because I didn't know her) John Edwards is a slimeball. If he hadn't cheated with Riele Hunter, it would have been someone else. After seeing RH in an interview, I had even less respect for JE than I did before.
    Couldn't agree more. It takes 2 to tango and he is not any more innocent than the one he cheated with. The way I look at it is if they will cheat with you, they will cheat on you!!!
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I must admit that I think John was worse than skanky Rielle because he had taken vows....given in pledge...his word as his honor to Elizabeth. How can Elizabeth be blamed for his dishonor because of her illness? And I'm pretty sure we all know that this is not likely the first time that John has dishonored his word to her. She knew it. John had a vow to Elizabeth, Rielle had a vow to NO ONE. HE is the piece of crap.

It just killed me when the skank said, "I'm not a mistress, I am a mother." Geez....with the trash. If she wasn't mistress, would she really feel the need to say that?? She knows what she is. Most sane people cannot lie to themselves, and she was sane enough to know exactly what she was doing, from day one.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 06-27-2012 at 01:23 PM.
    Shoepie and Debb70 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread