+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1470Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    As I recall, the ruling was satire is a protected form of speech. That is how Flynt gets away with it.
    Satire? That photo is out there forever ( shaking my head)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Joy is guest hosting a show on Al Gore's network this week. Later this year, she will host her own show! I'm trying to find it. It is supposed to be available on Time Warner Cable.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Joy is guest hosting a show on Al Gore's network this week. Later this year, she will host her own show! I'm trying to find it. It is supposed to be available on Time Warner Cable.
    I just saw this on one of the evening entertainment shows. They are giving her free rein to do whatever she wants. I am so happy about this; I adore her! I keep The View on my DVR but don't watch it. I have it there in case something boils up in the media about something they say so I can check it out. Joy is the only one I like on that show with the exception of Elisabeth when she is NOT talking about politics, morals or religion. That only leaves a few minutes a week.

I like Joy too. I know many detest her, but I guess it's a matter of personal taste. She's always been my favorite. I also enjoyed her talk show on HLN. It started out rough, but grew over time. It was actually fun to watch her with her guests on that show. The celebs were very relaxed and talked and joked with Joy like they were in her living room. I hope she can bring some of that back in a new show.

FORT Fogey

I like Joy too. I know many detest her, but I guess it's a matter of personal taste. She's always been my favorite. I also enjoyed her talk show on HLN. It started out rough, but grew over time. It was actually fun to watch her with her guests on that show. The celebs were very relaxed and talked and joked with Joy like they were in her living room. I hope she can bring some of that back in a new show.
    I agree. I hope to see the same atmosphere on her new show. I loved the mix of guests and varied topics. She was forced to include topics that the news had already beaten to death. We are not going to see that again. She hated talking about Casey Anthony and I didnt like seeing it rehashed again on her show either.

FORT Fanatic

Detest is putting it mildly. She is the most hateful, mean spirited woman on t.v.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
    I loved when President Obama put Elisabeth in her place, for me it was the highlight of the interview. Elisabeth is a dumb wit.
    Why would a current President even go on a talk show? Is that all he has to spend his time on?

Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    Why would a current President even go on a talk show? Is that all he has to spend his time on?
    I have never understood that, especially this show .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

He's campaigning, and the audience of the view is a segment he wants to reach.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Detest is putting it mildly. She is the most hateful, mean spirited woman on t.v.
    She is a comedian, and some of us do like to laugh and enjoy the witty sarcasm. She can be quite clever! I used to date a dud who didn't like comedies because he said he didn't like to laugh....He Had To Go!!

Up until I met him, I couldn't believe that there were people who didn't like to laugh!
    JulieAnn and Debb70 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread