+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1435Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I love it when Barbara is knocked down a peg especially when it illustrates how behind the times she is. After a huge amount of self aggandizing today the topic of Jennifer Lopez came up. She has been named the #1 most powerful woman by Forbes. WELL, this did not sit well with Babs! She was incredulous as to why and started blabbering when Whoppie and Sherri cut her off to explain how important social media is and how many twitter and face book followers she has (many millions). They continued to educate her how this brings revenue, she shut right up. Didn't have a clue. She views herself as the most powerful woman, clearly.
    Its so funny.I thought of you and another poster on here, when that was alll going on. Babs didn't like that at all.LOL
    Shoepie and bee stung lips like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I loved when President Obama put Elisabeth in her place, for me it was the highlight of the interview. Elisabeth is a dumb wit.
    bee stung lips likes this.

FORT Fogey

I didn't watch it today because the subject matter bores me silly. Obesity, diabetes, Dr Oz with Paula Dean in the mix too. Whoopie and Sherri weren't there. What do you bet they opted out of this show. They are both very opinionated on weight and diet. Now I would like Barbara, Whoopie and Joy to leave the stage when Eliz and Sherry talk about reality TV.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I just posted in the General Food Talk thread about a point that Dr. Oz made on the show today! It was a boring show, that's for sure. Don't know where Whoop was today, but Sherri has to be in California for the DWTS finale shows tonight, and tomorrow.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I sound like a broken record and I apologize. Whoopie and Barbara are more alike than either would admit. They dismiss anything in hot topics that is not political or what they deem relevant. Any mention of celebrity news or reality TV is immediately dismissed by both. Barbara babbles and says inane things like we should be watching the National Geographic channel and Whoppie buries her face in her hands for attention. And of course, the camera pans her antics.

Well, they aim to appeal to a broad audience so they had better shape up. As it is now, I record it and fly throught it on FF unless there is something that holds my interest. And there are many days I don't watch. I missed Obama but caught his exchange with Elisabeth on another show. Loved that.

Elisabeth surprises me a lot with her wisdom and level headed thinking. Then her strident moral and political views come into play and I cringe. She is an interesting mixed bag. I quite like her when she is not on one of her rants.

FORT Fogey

I caught the Greg Allman segment today and was interested because my cousin used to be his manager. I wonder if he mentions that in his book. Anyway, Allman seemed kind of out of it, but so did Barbara when she got his age completely wrong, making him 10 years older, and then couldn't figure out the age difference between Allman and his much younger bride-to-be... 64 minus 24 = 40, Babs!

Allman's segment was a waste of time. He didn't seem like he was realy there; maybe the residual effect of a drug life? He was just s-t-r-a-n-g-e. Then again, the only thing I know about him is that there was an Allman Brothers band and that he was married to Cher and they have a son. I can't help but wonder what she saw in him. I did catch that he is not a fan of Chaz's sex change...choosing to say nothing at all. Yuck-o!
    Shoepie likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Allman's segment was a waste of time. He didn't seem like he was really there; maybe the residual effect of a drug life? He was just s-t-r-a-n-g-e. Then again, the only thing I know about him is that there was an Allman Brothers band and that he was married to Cher and they have a son. I can't help but wonder what she saw in him. I did catch that he is not a fan of Chaz's sex change...choosing to say nothing at all. Yuck-o!
    I wondered why he was there. He had nothing to say - he didn't have an opinion on anything. Oh yes, but his 24 year old wife to be was sitting in the audience and got face time
    -Andy Rooney-

I will never understand older men and their need for a 20-something (or younger) wife. Maybe it because it's because of their lack of maturity level that can never end? I am embarrassed for them. They just look so pathetic.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Yes, extremely pathetic. What does she really see in him? his opinions on a variety of subjects?? .
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread