+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1518Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    I found that so inappropriate of Barbara to do. Who the hell cares what Elisatwit is wearing??? Big deal...she had a glitter skirt on with a stupid t-shirt. She looked ridiculous. Top didn't go with the skirt.
    maybe( like most of us) she is bored with the cheating man?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Was that about the tweet thing?
    It was my understanding that Jimmy made a comment about her at the White House Correspondence Dinner. Jimmy spoke there. He made fun of a lot of people, including the President. It's supposed to be like a roast thing. I don't know the details. I was just curious as to whether Barbara has made this into a war thing on The View. Maybe she just wants to milk if for publicity as much as possible. I wouldn't put that passed her.

I think the comment he made at the correspondents' dinner which was directed at BW had to do with a spin on tweet/treat (dog).

As for why I think she stopped Whoopi, I think it was her way of saying that she decides when hot topics start. She's self destructing by staying on TV.
    Shoepie and Debb70 like this.

FORT Fogey

I think you are right Deb70. I think that Barbara brought it up because she was so excited that she was one of the people at the dinner important enough to be mentioned in a joke. She is pretending to be offended, but I think she's just excited over the attention. I heard the joke. Jimmy Kimmel was talking about things that were so different 15 years ago, and among them said that a "tweet" was something Barbara Walters gave her dog (implying that she can't say her R's, so she'd say treat tweet). Honestly, I heard the joke over the weekend and didn't understand it. It took Whoopi asking Barbara to say treat three times in a row for me to get it, so if Barbara hadn't brought it up, I would have forgotten it!
    Shoepie and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    It was my understanding that Jimmy made a comment about her at the White House Correspondence Dinner. Jimmy spoke there. He made fun of a lot of people, including the President. It's supposed to be like a roast thing. I don't know the details. I was just curious as to whether Barbara has made this into a war thing on The View. Maybe she just wants to milk if for publicity as much as possible. I wouldn't put that passed her.

I agree with Baby's Breath.She is self destructing and I think the view will be taken off air. I watched the Talk, and they are much more civil( and funny on that show ) Having said that, I don't like all these women talking over one another
    -Andy Rooney-

I wonder who is really in charge with The View. It's Barbara's baby, but there has to be someone who can tell her the truth. Who will say to Barbara, "You are ruining your show. Either get out or we will take it off the air." I think that is the only thing she may understand. And she may wish to have it cancelled than to go on without her.
    I don't record the show everyday the way I used to do. I now see it once in while. If Barbara happens to be on that day, I change it. I can't bear to listen to her anymore. It's ruins the show IMO.
    From what I have seen on The Talk, it may be the better of the two shows presently.
    Shoepie likes this.

I know the perfect person to tell her the truth. Her good friend Judge Judy.
    JunkieGirl and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    I know the perfect person to tell her the truth. Her good friend Judge Judy.
    LOL! yes. I wish that lady was back "You are the weakest link -Barbara, goodbye!"
    Debb70 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought the "tweet" joke was hilarious!!! I also think she was flattered, while she pretended to be offended. I want to see a rerun of that dinner!

And I hate "mommy" shows, which is how The Talk started out. Don't know where it is now. I think the tall, slender black girl is a lousy comedienne, too.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I agree with Baby's Breath.She is self destructing and I think the view will be taken off air. I watched the Talk, and they are much more civil( and funny on that show ) Having said that, I don't like all these women talking over one another
    I agree, Fanny Mare. That is my biggest peeve about this show. I can't stand it when they all start talking and shouting over each other. That's when I flip the remote.
    combatcutie likes this.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread