+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1501Likes

Thread: The View

  1. #9141
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,781

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    Half the fun of watching is sharing with others! Thats why I love to discuss certain shows online. You get hear other viewpoints, insights and some very funny remarks. Before the internet, it was kind of lonely watching some stuff having no one to talk about it with, or even a few friends to gab with about All My Children and such--I love what you can do today.
    So, so, true.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  2. #9142
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,304

    Re: The View

    Gov. Nikki Haley made me furrow by brow when she said "Women don't care about contraception.". IS SHE NUTS, OR WHAT?? That was about a soopid thing to say. Holding that jackass's Santorum partyline, I see. Women like that embarrass me.

    I get the impression that Elisatwit and her husband don't use birth control since always talks about avoiding sex and becoming, easily, pregnant.

    Randy Jackson seems to feel the need to overdo it on what he seems to think is the "cool". That makes him seem more pathetic than ever, IMO.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  3. #9143
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,289

    Re: The View

    I stopped recording The View some time ago. I only catch it once in awhile by accident. I still come here to keep up. My cousin also watches and gives me updates. I must admit I have only so much time to watch shows each week, so I decided to go with Wendy Williams. She cracks me up and has some great guests. It's much more relaxing than The View. LOL
    Shoepie likes this.

  4. #9144
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,304

    Re: The View

    Regis was the cohost today. No Barbara!!!! I never watched him when he was on his other show, so I didn't know what to expect. I was laughing through most of the show. It was a good day! Really enjoyed it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  5. #9145
    FORT Fogey cablejockey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    ontario canada
    Posts
    1,777

    Re: The View

    I'm glad Regis is still out there. Since he left his morning show, its lost all its charm and energy! I dont watch it anymore without Regis.
    Uncle David and AlwaysVeg like this.

  6. #9146
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I stopped recording The View some time ago. I only catch it once in awhile by accident. I still come here to keep up. My cousin also watches and gives me updates. I must admit I have only so much time to watch shows each week, so I decided to go with Wendy Williams. She cracks me up and has some great guests. It's much more relaxing than The View. LOL
    I did the exact same thing. I have Wendy on my DVR; I really like this woman and her show. I catch the View by happenstance occasionally.
    Debb70 likes this.

  7. #9147
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,289

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    I'm glad Regis is still out there. Since he left his morning show, its lost all its charm and energy! I dont watch it anymore without Regis.
    Before Regis left his show, there was much speculation as to who would replace him. It has been quite awhile and still no replacement. I'm not sure why, unless they are hesitant to pay someone a large salary and they are pocketing it themselves. I used to like Kellie, but she cannot carry that show on her own IMO. I recently heard some negative comments about the show and that it was going to go down pretty soon with just her and a guest co-host. I wonder why they have not added another co-host. Having a guest co-host is not good for the long term, IMO.

    Interesting point above about Elisabeth and birth control. I haven't ever thought about her not using it, but it does make sense considering all of her comments about avoiding sex with her husband. Hmmmmm......I didn't realize she was Catholic or some other faith that forbids contraception. She has never mentioned that before. That's rather curious.

  8. #9148
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,256

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Before Regis left his show, there was much speculation as to who would replace him. It has been quite awhile and still no replacement. I'm not sure why, unless they are hesitant to pay someone a large salary and they are pocketing it themselves. I used to like Kellie, but she cannot carry that show on her own IMO. I recently heard some negative comments about the show and that it was going to go down pretty soon with just her and a guest co-host. I wonder why they have not added another co-host. Having a guest co-host is not good for the long term, IMO.

    Interesting point above about Elisabeth and birth control. I haven't ever thought about her not using it, but it does make sense considering all of her comments about avoiding sex with her husband. Hmmmmm......I didn't realize she was Catholic or some other faith that forbids contraception. She has never mentioned that before. That's rather curious.
    I haven't heard her say she is avoiding sex. There are lots of methods that don't involve taking the pill.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  9. #9149
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,289

    Re: The View

    Granted, I have not watched the show regularly for the last several months, however, prior to that, Elisabeth has often described avoiding intimate contact with her husband. She describes it in terms of enough babies, too tired, busy with the kids, not feeling sexy, etc. She has done this for at least the last couple of years. It may not be what is really happening, but that is what she has described.

  10. #9150
    FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    hangin' with the girls drinking Cosmos
    Posts
    7,757

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I haven't heard her say she is avoiding sex. There are lots of methods that don't involve taking the pill.
    Unfortunately I watch this show every day b/c my co-worker likes it and she has said she is avoiding sex b/c she doesn't want another child. She jokes about running away from Tim when he's in the mood.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.