+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1808Likes

Thread: The View

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Re: The View

I thought her ex took off when the baby was still in ICU. Maybe she wants a break from it all, and DWTS will provide that. I dont know, I dont know the woman really well.

I just posted what I read.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Didn't Sherri get married recently? If so she is not a single mom anymore.

yeah - wasn't it last summer?

Joy got married that same weekend.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    But her son Jeffrey ,has developmental delays and needs physical, speech and occupational therapy regularly. I know being a mom isnt easy, I am one, But I didnt have a sepcial needs child.
    If you had been the mother of a special needs child and they had those appointments would you not concentrate on the child's needs instead of your own? Would you have appreciated only having to work a few hours per day with a yearly salary that most will take 10+ years to make?

I guess that's what really bugs me about her. She has no right to complain about her lot in life. Some people are struggling to put food on their table, they have to decide whether to buy their kids medications or healthy food. Or whether they can pay to have their lights on or feed their children. Besides, child development is only a small window. The first 5 years are the most important. If your child needs treatments prior to going to school then the time spent at school, that eats up a lot of the time you spend with your child. Add to that a full time job/school or 2 jobs and the time is even less to spend with your child just doing the fun, everyday stuff. I have no problem with a mother who also wants a social life or has to spend some time away doing job related stuff, no mother should have to be tethered to their child 24/7 to raise your kids right.

Your children will only be small for a short period of time. It's that time that is spent with them that will be the most meaningful. Not skype conversations cause mommy is out in LA dancing, then practicing and not to mention all the press stuff, and the other job she has. You know it must be pretty sad for a kid who probably sees his mommy on TV more than he sees her in person.

Sorry for the little rant. I just can't stand people who whine when they could have it much, much worse.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I dont watch SS or the View that often, but when I have.I dont think I have ever heard her whine about her child. He always sounds to me like he is a blessing for her. I do think, special needs or not, you can be mother to that child, and still have your own life. If her passion is dance, then I say go wth it
    jmho
    Baby's Breath and Debb70 like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I dont watch SS or the View that often, but when I have.I dont think I have ever heard her whine about her child. He always sounds to me like he is a blessing for her. I do think, special needs or not, you can be mother to that child, and still have your own life. If her passion is dance, then I say go wth it
    jmho
    I agree about following your interests and passions, but since coming on the show, Sherri has had a tendency to complain about things with her kid that aren't that big. I actually think she may over do it for comedy reasons. She thinks she's being funny. That's my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I agree about following your interests and passions, but since coming on the show, Sherri has had a tendency to complain about things with her kid that aren't that big. I actually think she may over do it for comedy reasons. She thinks she's being funny. That's my guess.
    I must have missed that Debb, if its on, its usually background noise.I dont find her funny.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

hey, does anyone know where Whoopi is?

Quote Originally Posted by mountaingirl70 View Post
    hey, does anyone know where Whoopi is?
    On Monday I thought BW said she had a week off.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Thanks Fanny Mare!

+ Reply to Thread