+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1628Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Here we go again. Barbara is promoting her 20/20 show. ABC wants her to do that, fine. The content is old, old, very old news, once again! Non invasive cosmetic proceedures are main stream and have been talked about endlessly on TV and everywhere. ENDLESSLY She is treating this as if she is presenting cutting edge information. She is asking the guest Dr the stupidest questions that she knows the answers to but thinks she has to dumb it down for the common folk. This woman is just awful.
    Maybe she is thinking of having even more work done. I dont think she has much skin left

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Maybe she is thinking of having even more work done. I dont think she has much skin left
    She makes comments on the work others have had done. I wish I could convey her tone of voice through words. Oh they tuck here and here and here, she drones in a slightly negative tone. Like, so unnecessary.

I am guessing she has had a couple of full lifts and keeps up on the tucking, botox and fillers.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

One of the entertainment shows tonight said that Barbara Walters is claiming that Bill Geddie made her ask Star those questions when she appeared on The View this week.

And Shoepie, I think she is dumbing down her conversation about face lifts so we don't "catch on" that she's had several.

Fanny Mare likes this.

I really don't have a problem with actors/actresses getting facelifts. As Ellen says in the commercial "It's my moneymaker". The only problem I have is when they overdo it & start to look non-human. It's creepy.
    I'd hate to have to rely on my face looking youthful in order to do my job. I could look like a rotting prune & still do my job just fine.
    If I had a job like theirs in the public eye, I'd have no problem admitting to having work done. In fact, I'd be saying "I just had a facelift! Doesn't it look great?"
    Maybe that's why I don't belong in entertainment. No sense of shame.
    jeaninelaurie and Debb70 like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fogey

I absolutely can't stand Babs anymore. At the end of her special, she said talking about all this cosmetic stuff made her think maybe she should have some work done. WHO is she kidding? I wish Joan Rivers had asked Barbara how many procedures SHE's had! Barbara was interviewing Joan as if she's never had a thing done to herself.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I absolutely can't stand Babs anymore. At the end of her special, she said talking about all this cosmetic stuff made her think maybe she should have some work done. WHO is she kidding? I wish Joan Rivers had asked Barbara how many procedures SHE's had! Barbara was interviewing Joan as if she's never had a thing done to herself.
    Oh wow.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

NOT A ROTTING PRUNE!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

A favorite moment. When they were discussing Oprah's last show, BW was only barely able to handle the positive things said about her. She was visibly bothered

She was barely able to say, "Oprah is a good entertainer," her words dripping with condescension. She had to put her in a different catagory least she threaten her thrown as being the premiere woman in TV.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 02-26-2012 at 07:25 AM.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    A favorite moment. When they were discussing Oprah's last show, BW was only barely able to handle the positive things said about her. She was visibly bothered

She was barely able to say, "Oprah is a good entertainer," her words dripping with condescension. She had to put her in a different catagory least she threaten her thrown as being the premiere woman in TV.
    Really? Oh how funny! BW the legend. she is very threatened, all the time.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Really? Oh how funny! BW the legend. she is very threatened, all the time.
    She telegraphs insecure by tooting her damn horn excessively. I am curious as to why her publicist and all the others around her don't give her a heads up to this feedback. It is everywhere, not just on message boards. I am sure she gets positive comments as well but the trick is to take a look at percentages.

One thing she did that I liked was in an interview with Lauren Bacal. Bacal was talking about her marriage to Humphry Bogart as if she got the best catch of all time. She said to Barbara, wouldn't you have married him too?! Cool as ice BW replied, I didn't know him.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

+ Reply to Thread