+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1541Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

On Today this morning, Donny and Dr Nancy both said that the ladies of The View owed Star an apology for how they treated her yesterday. I totally agree. Donny said they were "cruel" and he wondered if they did it to boost their ratings. Dr Nancy said she felt bad because she could clearly see hurt on Star's face.

There is a clip of it on Today's home page.

I think that Star's comment to Barbara Walters at the very end (thanking Barbara... because of her, woman are on TV...) was pure sarcasm! I don't think she was kissing up one bit - I think she was getting a dig in, and good for her!

So, is BW lying about the contract.I really didnt follow this whole mess. But who is lying then?

FORT Fogey

I am sick of hearing about Whitney and even more tired of hearing complaints that the press is invading their privacy, outrage at the Enquirer putting a pic of her in her casket on their front page.......blah........blah... .........blah Let this go! Move on to another topic. When you are in the public eye this happens; it isn't going to stop. Be bigger than the situation and stop reacting. They love reaction and outrage; that is a motivating force.

On Barbara being responsible for women on TV today. Nope. Her father was a very influencial and wealthy man who knew the powers at NBC. His daughter was hired because of her connections, not her skill level. It this had not happened there would have been someone else. Dave Garroway wanted a female side kick for reasons of ego, so it is said. He did not want to compete with another male. Her dad was in the right place at the right time. It was a total quirk that she continued to be in the spot light. Well, her dad played a big part. Her interviews and humorless presense are not loved by all.

Ok, done.
    bee stung lips and Fanny Mare like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I was always tickled as punch that Star beat them at their own game when she announced that she was leaving!!
    rcurrytoo, Shoepie, GabbyG and 4 others like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    So, is BW lying about the contract.I really didnt follow this whole mess. But who is lying then?
    I'll condense it from my memory. Feelings against Star had been brewing on the show for some time. She went crazy with her wedding plans and many felt she went overboard with it. Also she had weight loss surgery, but refused to tell the public and did not want the others on the show to tell either. (I think that was her right. The other cast members would not not want their surgeries announced by others.) ANYWAY, Star's contract was not renewed. This actually means she was fired. Since no one on the show is let go without Barbara's approval, it was Barbara's decision.

Barbara told Star how they were going to handle it. They were going to keep silent about it for a certain time period while Star kept on as host. Then at a certain date, Barbara would give this big send off announcing that Star had been offered other opportunities and had decided to leave The View. All would be smiles and happy. Well, Star did not agree to this. So, without warning Barbara or anyone else, she announced during the show that it would be her last season with The View. She was not angry or blaming, but just said the show was going a different route and she was hopeful that good things were in store for her. I think there were about 2 more weeks left for her to be on that season.

Well, Barbara kept her temper in check on the air, but she was furious that Star did that without her okay. I think Star did not come back the next day or ever....until yesterday. Babs thought she gave Star a perfectly good way to leave, but Star didn't want that lie. She wanted the truth. I never understood why Barbara felt her fake story was a great idea, but Star telling the truth was so horrible.

FORT Fogey

Yes, that is it Debb. Barbara has an inflated sense of self and grandure above all others; this frosted her beyond distraction. The viewers loved this!
    GabbyG and Fanny Mare like this.

Ah, okay that makes sense Thanks Debb70 No wonder it was frosty when she first came on, and BW lunged right into the contract business, I think that could have been eating at her for along time.BW that is.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Thanks for the info above. I did see some clips of it. While I was not a huge Star fan when she left the show, I did side with her over Barbara. Barbara wanted to lie about the circumstances and Star wanted to just say she was leaving and do it her way. Barbara never would accept that the truth would have been fine. She still defends her fake story. Tells you a lot about Barbara.

Anyway, why were they so upset that they had to lie about Star's bypass surgery, but they were fine with lying about the circumstances of Star leaving. Please. I think Babs would be very upset if the hosts were revealing things about her surgeries, cosmetic that is. Wasn't Star on Joy's show before it was cancelled? It seems like it.
    Right! It would have been hilarious, when they were talking about why Star didn't want to reveal that she had bypass surgery at first and they all had to go along with it, if Star had said to Barbara, "Yes, just like we don't talk about why you have the face of a 50-year-old and the rest of you looks 80."
    rcurrytoo, Shoepie, JavaJo and 2 others like this.

I saw one of the of the shows( the insider maybe?) and nobody was happy with BW and Co .They said they were the mean girls, and Star was ambushed I bet old BW doesnt like that!
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Here we go again. Barbara is promoting her 20/20 show. ABC wants her to do that, fine. The content is old, old, very old news, once again! Non invasive cosmetic proceedures are main stream and have been talked about endlessly on TV and everywhere. ENDLESSLY She is treating this as if she is presenting cutting edge information. She is asking the guest Dr the stupidest questions that she knows the answers to but thinks she has to dumb it down for the common folk. This woman is just awful.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 02-24-2012 at 01:49 PM.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

+ Reply to Thread