+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree977Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

I notice how BW has not admitted to speaking too soon about Whitney. Had plenty to say earlier, but nothing now? I guess her arrogance and ego won't let her.
    Shoepie and Baby's Breath like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

To go on record and say that Whitney Houston died of a drug overdose before the autopsy results were completed is so unprofessional. She should be ashamed of herself. And to abruptly interrupt Whoopi the way she did. Very tactless.

But what really got to me was in a mere few seconds she goes and brings the topic back to herself by showing an interview she did 20 YEARS AGO !!! Proving she is very out of touch with the newer Whitney Houston but what a shameless self promoter she is to show how relevant she is.

Barbra is always one to point out they need to use the word "alleged" so they do not get sued, when there was no official conformation she reported about Whitney drowning. How hypocritical. To me she came off very classless to make it all about Whitney drug use. Forgetting the world lost a star, millions lost there idol, family and friends lost a family member a friend, a daughter lost her mother, a mother lost her daughter.

You don't even know how Whitney died, so don't state as a fact. She sounded idiotic.

To interrupt Whoopi the way she did and so abruptly like that was completely rude and tacky and she should be ashamed of herself, claiming what she is saying when nothing was confirmed at the time like it was fact.

And to bring up that old interview was just stupid.

I have no respect for a woman who has stepped on toes, back stabbed, had affairs and basically clawed her way to the top (her own admissions) and any time anyone ever gives her credit for opening the door for women, she tells them to "stop" and gets all whiny about it. Fine Barbra I won't look up to you at all anymore. I don't like you or trust you or trust your journalistic style. Or anything she does, to be honest.

Who will be watching tomorrow? My DVR is out so someone please report what happens. STAR JONES is supposed to a guest tomorrow. Please give details blow by blow! LOL

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Who will be watching tomorrow? My DVR is out so someone please report what happens. STAR JONES is supposed to a guest tomorrow. Please give details blow by blow! LOL
    Can't really give you a blow-by-blow because I was in and out of the room, but I thought it started off kind of rocky, with Star saying her leaving was a long time ago and she didn't think it mattered anymore, but Babsie of course insisted on talking about it. She brought up how they had an agreement when Star's contract expired and wasn't going to be renewed that they would say that she was moving on to other opportunities or something like that, but Star surprised them all by announcing the truth on the air. They also talked about how they all "protected" her by not telling the truth about her gastric bypass surgery because that's what she wanted. Things smoothed out toward the end of the segment. In the next segment, Star talked about women and heart disease, so no touchy topics there. Maybe someone else can fill in more details!
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    BW and Joy wanted to make it clear they lied for her( everyone lied for her it seems) . BW said her contract was up, so she didnt just choose to leave.Star didnt like that they went there, she even said so. She looks like she put a little weight back on( she was teeny when I last saw her) now she looks healthy.
    pretty daytime soft sell kind of stuff

Star had open heart surgery, but her symptoms were masked by the fact she was obese.No mention of her over the top , phony wedding

The episodes are usually uploaded to Hulu pretty quickly, so if you missed it, you can watch it there
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    BW and Joy wanted to make it clear they lied for her( everyone lied for her it seems) . BW said her contract was up, so she didnt just choose to leave.Star didnt like that they went there, she even said so. She looks like she put a little weight back on( she was teeny when I last saw her) now she looks healthy.
    pretty daytime soft sell kind of stuff

Star had open heart surgery, but her symptoms were masked by the fact she was obese.No mention of her over the top , phony wedding
    Yes, very boring and old news. A bit of ass kissing by Star, that is all I can add. Well, one more thing. Is BW getting worse with her hands? It seems so.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Yes, very boring and old news. A bit of ass kissing by Star, that is all I can add. Well, one more thing. Is BW getting worse with her hands? It seems so.
    I think she is , yes Shoepie. It was pretty boring, was Star flogging another book.?
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

I don't know. I was texting my son when she was on.

Thanks for the info above. I did see some clips of it. While I was not a huge Star fan when she left the show, I did side with her over Barbara. Barbara wanted to lie about the circumstances and Star wanted to just say she was leaving and do it her way. Barbara never would accept that the truth would have been fine. She still defends her fake story. Tells you a lot about Barbara.

Anyway, why were they so upset that they had to lie about Star's bypass surgery, but they were fine with lying about the circumstances of Star leaving. Please. I think Babs would be very upset if the hosts were revealing things about her surgeries, cosmetic that is.

Wasn't Star on Joy's show before it was cancelled? It seems like it.

+ Reply to Thread