+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1811Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Babs came off looking like an old fool in the interview with Sara Ramirez about the lesbian love scenes. She certainly seems fascinated with lesbianism. It's come up before. Sara was saying how the show is going with a lighter approach to the relationship between Callie and Arizona this season, and Barbara sarcastically said something like: Yes, because lesbian love is such a light subject. Whoopie had a HUH? look on her face.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Yeah, she was out of order, and she was wrong. Toxicology is not in yet. Drowning is more evident. The lungs can have as little as 1 tsp. of water in them for a drowning to occur. People are getting the impression that it takes a lot of water in the lungs. NOT!
    combatcutie likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I thought the prelim already said that there wasn't enough water in the lungs to cause drowning.

it most likely was an accidental overdose and she slipped into the water while stilll alive, ergo the water in her lungs, yet not significant enough to drown her.

It just seems odd that she was in a tub with very little water.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm guessing that she was dead (or nearly so) when she went under, so she didn't inhale.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Was the real reason for her losing the HLN show ever given? She said something today about being "bitter." Did she want too much money or something?
    I don't know what she has said recently, but I saw the last few shows of Joy's show and her guests were all complaining and saying how wrong it was for her show to be cancelled and how they didn't get it. Joy just smiled and said, it's okay. The network is doing something different. That's just the way it is. The ratings were good and all, but they have just made their decision and we have to accept it. Her guests, just said okay, but we think they are nuts to cancel their best show. That's all I ever heard about it.
    Shoepie and AlwaysVeg like this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I posted an article a page back. Basically they wanted the show to concentrate on crime in the news and Joy didn't want to partake. Talking about Casey Anthony every night seemed to drive her nuts. She wanted to keep doing her interviews with folks in the entertainment industry and social commentary.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Joy's show was cancelled due to poor ratings. She was barely surpassing reruns of Nancy Grace's show. Notice that her show was replaced by said reruns.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    I thought the prelim already said that there wasn't enough water in the lungs to cause drowning.

it most likely was an accidental overdose and she slipped into the water while stilll alive, ergo the water in her lungs, yet not significant enough to drown her.

It just seems odd that she was in a tub with very little water.
    One report said that she collapsed in the bathroom and fell into the tub, half in and half out. She was not taking a bath. Barbara really shot Whoopie down when she started to say that no one knows yet. Barbara insisted the facts were in. She was taking a bath. Again I say, time for Babs to retire.
    combatcutie and Fanny Mare like this.

FORT Fogey

Saw only a few minutes of the show this morning, and no Babs! Makes me sigh with relief. So many of her comments, as well as her manner, are just embarrassing and eye-roll-worthy. She really needs to retire before she becomes a pathetic shadow of her former self, sorry to say.
    Uncle David likes this.

FORT Fogey

Before she becomes that? I'm afraid she already has! I think she does herself no favors everytime they go back in the vault to show an old interview she did, like they did with Whitney Houston on Monday. Each time, I find myself watching realizing how together she used to be, and what a force she used to be. It's just a reminder of how fall she's fallen.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

+ Reply to Thread