+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1808Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I liked her on Survivor too. I was surprised how quickly my opinion of her changed once she was on this show....and it's not just that we're on totally opposite ends, politically. Like I said above, I thought Rachel Campos would have been much better on the show and she's conservative as well. It's more about the way she carries herself and how shrill and whiny she gets when she thinks she's being attacked. I also just don't like her voice - too nasally. I watched part of her segment on Dr. Oz the other day and I felt the same way. I can't explain it - she just bugs.

I'm wondering how they will merge Star into the show. Is someone (say, Barbra?) going on vacation for that whole time?

Really, Meredith was my favorite on the panel, so once she left, I lost interest.
    cablejockey likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Me too! Since Meredith left, I have not watched. I like coming here to see what I missed--which isnt much by the sounds of things, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chicagodiva View Post
    Star isn't coming back as a co host or even has a guest host, just as a guest. She is there I believe to promote awareness of heart disease among women. I recall her leaving on such bad terms, that I'm honestly shocked she is coming back.
    that makes way more sense. Barbara fired her huge ass, no way would she ever have her back on the panel. I suspect the day she's there Babs won't be.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

OK, what I heard BW saying, I thought, was that Star was going to be there on the 22nd.....like one day, only....like any other guest Star and BW, as I understand it, are now friendly. I have heard Star say gracious things about BW, and BW said that she and Star have lunch. They seem to have bonded over their heart surgeries. I am sure BW invited Star, so BW will, surely, be there. I may be the cheese that stands alone in what I think I remember hearing....I guess we will see.

I am looking forward to Star's appearance, too.

I am shocked that so many people seem to be looking forward to/hoping for Jerry Springer Show-type shenanigans.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 01-26-2012 at 12:25 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

cool beans - I hadn't heard that they buried the hatchet....good on them.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I hadn't either. Star certainly had rude things to say when Barbra's autobiography came out. I was surprised that she was still so bitter.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    No, it's just a ratings stunt for February. I don't know how long she'll be on, but it's not permanent....or at least at this point it isn't.

Yes, if she takes down Hasselback, I'll stand up and cheer!
    Thanks for the info... not that I watch more than once a year, but I do like to read about it!

IMO star has no right to say anything about Barbra Walters. (and I'm sick of BW, I honestly wish she would retire off of the view) but Anyways, in all fairness nobody would have a clue who star Jones is, has it not been for BW.

I also miss Meredith, good for her success on Today. She was truly the best.

I'm also not on opposite sides with Elizabeth hassleback, but don't care for her in every discussion of it. Granted, I some times think shes the only one with the conservative view on the show, so perhaps she has to stick her head out a little bit, but still there is other ways she could go about getting her opinion out. There are times I wish she would shut up and I agree with her, just don't agree with how she says it. I agree with others, to whiny and shrill and the tears ENOUGH !

now when discussing fashion or family values etc, I enjoy her very much on the show
    Baby's Breath likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    OK, what I heard BW saying, I thought, was that Star was going to be there on the 22nd.....like one day, only....like any other guest Star and BW, as I understand it, are now friendly. I have heard Star say gracious things about BW, and BW said that she and Star have lunch. They seem to have bonded over their heart surgeries. I am sure BW invited Star, so BW will, surely, be there. I may be the cheese that stands alone in what I think I remember hearing....I guess we will see.
    This is exactly what I remember hearing.

Ditto to the Meredith love!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Meredith was always too generic vanilla for me. She did not interest me, in the least. Once again, I am the standing alone....I know.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread