+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1515Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Just read about Star Jones coming back for February. If I already didn't watch this show, that would be enough to keep me away. That woman is horrid. Star and Hasselback (not to mention Sherri) on the same stage....well, I can't imagine anything more annoying.

Clearly, it's a ratings stunt. I hope it backfires, if only to NOT feed her enormous ego. Barbra must be really worried about the ratings to let Star back on the show.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I actually love Elizabeth Hassleback

There are plenty of people who do. You may find you're in the minority around here in that respect.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I'm looking forward to seeing Star Jones too. Can't wait to see the dynamic between her and Whoopi and of course Barbara.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I will say that I did used to like Star. I just stopped liking her when every word out of her mouth was about her or her big stupid wedding. I still watched the show back then, so she didn't annoy me enough to NOT watch. I quit watching after Lisa Ling left and they hired Hasselback. Such a step down with that switch. I still think they should have hired Rachel Campos - she's conservative and young, but she's not vapid.

It seems to me that Star's personality changed for the worse when she lost the weight. She got more arrogant and self-centered. I also didn't respect the fact that she lied about having gastric bypass surgery. She didn't have to reveal that surgery to the public, but she also didn't have to lie and say she DIDN'T have it.

I'm sure there will be videos making the rounds on entertainment sites when Whoopi and Star butt heads. I'm also sure that the producers are expecting that to happen.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chicagodiva View Post
    Star Jones is returning to the view feb 22. Can't wait !!!
    You mean for good, not just as a one time visit, blast from the past kind of thing???

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    You mean for good, not just as a one time visit, blast from the past kind of thing???
    Not as a guest co-host? They're adding another permanent co-host? Say it ain't so! Of course, if she chews up Elisabeth and spits her out, I will enjoy that.

No, it's just a ratings stunt for February. I don't know how long she'll be on, but it's not permanent....or at least at this point it isn't.

Yes, if she takes down Hasselback, I'll stand up and cheer!
    JavaJo likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I find Elizabeth no more annoying than Sherri, Barbara, and particularly Joy. The only difference is I formed my initial opinion of Elizabeth during her season on Survivor. I really liked her then.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Star isn't coming back as a co host or even has a guest host, just as a guest. She is there I believe to promote awareness of heart disease among women. I recall her leaving on such bad terms, that I'm honestly shocked she is coming back.

+ Reply to Thread