+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1427Likes

Thread: The View

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: The View

Dagnabbit, it isn't true!! Apparently Babawawa has used that line in the past.

Barbara Walters to President Barack Obama: 'I'm Retiring Next Year!' | TMZ.com

Did anyone see Joy's last show last night? It was great. Last guest, besides her comedy panel, was Steve Martin. It was a great show. Steve was ticked that the show was leaving. Joy said that she didn't know why either. Just that the network was redesigning or something like that. She said the ratings were fine. So many stars who were her guests have verbally protested her show being cancelled. Denis Leary actually insulted them several times. Those in charge must really be idiots.

FORT Fogey

I hope there isn't a contract that prohibits Joy from going to another cable channel with the same format. It is a perfect vehicle for her.

Her ratings are very high so it makes sense someone will scoop her up quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I hope there isn't a contract that prohibits Joy from going to another cable channel with the same format. It is a perfect vehicle for her.

Her ratings are very high so it makes sense someone will scoop her up quickly.
    She and Steve Martin discussed it. She asked if he would like to do a show with her. LOL He considered it, but it doesn't fit into his schedule. It was a good format. I wonder why in the world would they keep Jane Valez Mitchell and Dr. Drew, but not Joy. It's odd.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    She and Steve Martin discussed it. She asked if he would like to do a show with her. LOL He considered it, but it doesn't fit into his schedule. It was a good format. I wonder why in the world would they keep Jane Valez Mitchell and Dr. Drew, but not Joy. It's odd.
    Exactly! Jane is a Nancy Grace wannabe and Drew is just boring. Although I do love Mark Eiglarsh who is frequently on Dr. Drew. Big time crush on him. I don't understand why they want 8 or 9 hours straight of focusing on the trial du jour. Lame. No wonder CNN is doing so poorly, they prefer overkill instead of focusing on other news. Yet they keep that stupid Showbiz Tonight.

I really hope that Joy gets a new show, except it will probably be on a channel that I don't get, like MSNBC or HBO.
    Shoepie and bee stung lips like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yes, I watched that show. I think it is possible that she does have someting in the works or will soon. She talks around the subject. I will be shocked if another channel does not scoop her up. Her ratings were excellent.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

She, definitely, has a following.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

We will see Joy again.

"HLN will play reruns of Behar's show before switching over to Nancy Grace repeats in January. But that may not be the end of Behar's program. Behar told the Times, "I’m hoping to be picked up by someone else." She said that she is in the process of meeting with executives at different networks." Huffington Post.
    Debb70 likes this.

Star Jones is returning to the view feb 22. Can't wait !!!

+ Reply to Thread