+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1435Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Sherri does seem to place a lot of self-worth on her boobs. It's almost like she would be less of a woman if she weren't that well-endowed. Even if she can't wear cute clothes or looks ridiculous while walking. But then again, that woman has some wacky views on many issues. I'd hate to see what would happen to her if she got breast cancer, she'd think that she lost most of her identity.

So has anyone heard anything regarding Joy's other show being cancelled? Did she make the choice or was it the network? I catch her late night show sometimes, but haven't heard anything there, maybe a few sarcastic remarks.
    I have heard several guests on Joy's show say they were CRAZY for cancelling the show. Joy laughed and refused to comment. The way she has dodged the issue, gives me the impression that they could not come to an agreement on her salary! I think she will resurface elsewhere in a year or two. This is JMO.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Whoopi had tears coming out of my eyes when she was doing the Herman Cain impression!!! That was good!!!! She sounded exactly as a foolish as HE did!!! Thanks, Whoop!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Well, according to this article Joy didn't want to compromise what she wanted to talk about. I could tell that she hated talking about Casey Anthony or the 'trial du jour' Good for her! Makes me respect her all the more...she ain't no sell out!

After 2 Years, Joy Behar Is Leaving HLN - NYTimes.com
    Shoepie and Debb70 like this.

FORT Fogey

Good for Joy. I have not watched the view in 2 years because I got my hit of Joy on her show. Now I am going to have to watch this again. I cannot stand Barbara.

About the only thing I really enjoyed on today's show was that Barbara was NOT there; she would have been a pain in the butt. I'm kind of hoping that they keep her in Syria! Sherri looked good in her orange today, but I couldn't look at that color all day. I was fascinated by the look of incredulity that Condoleezza (sp?) gave Sherri when Sherri asked her if she had voted for Barack Obama in the last presidential election. At the end of Rice's segment, when Sherri held up Rice's book and had it turned around backward....well, what can I say. I doubt that Sherri has never been that close to a book...much less read one...in her life. I guess I just don't have a lot of patience or sympathy for non-readers.

And Joy, people who have wanted a kitten for 2 years (Jackie Evanko) are not really interested in a stinky, old dog!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

The thing that bothered me the most about Sherri during the Condoleeza Rice interview was the way she addressed her. Condoleeza Rice is an accomplshed woman who earned her title and the respect that goes with it. When a person leaves a high office, you show respect by still addressing them by the title. She's Madam Secretary. At the end of the interview, Sherri just said "Condoleeza, thank you for joining us today ..." It was rude! I don't hear her ending an interview saying "Barack" or "Joe" or even "Dick". Crazy that a show that is supposed to support and enpower women would disrepect one like that. I also couldn't believe they were talking about the Collin Quinn "objection" to Saturday Night Live. Collin Quinn does this all the time where he goes on twitter to rant about something only to provoke a response. He doesn't believe it, he's just fishing for the most heated responses he gets from people who don't "get" it. When he criticized SNL, Seth Meyers was even playing along with it. It was all tongue in cheek, and yet three women who say they are comediennes completely missed the joke and took him seriously.
    Shoepie and Debb70 like this.

I hated it when Sherri was talking to Sec. Rice and started by saying, "Guuuuurrrrrrrrlllllll........ ." Sherri is in serious need of remedial adult etiquette classes.

And I see that they let Barbara escape Syria. These people are not our friends!
    Shoepie, bee stung lips and Debb70 like this.

I don't think that most of the panel is as well read as many of their viewers. I'm not tooting my own horn, but I do try to keep up with current events and social media. I read extensively about the political scene at least 5 days per week, so it's easy for me to see when the women on the panel are far out of touch with what is going on. I think some of it is a refusal to aquaint themself with reality tv and modern politics and technology. They also don't follow criminal cases and are lost when a guest tries to explain things. I'm not sure what the answer is, unless they have required reading each day. LOL

I smell "CliffsNotes"! It was always obvious when we used them in high school!!
    Shoepie likes this.

For some season, Sherri seems to be #1 on my hit list lately. SHE JUST IRRITATES ME!! She has on these ridiculous shoes today. When she walks, I can't decide if she looks like an old church lady with bad feet, an old church lady with a bad back, or if it looks like she has an actual stuck up her wazoo.

There is a definite lack of class.

+ Reply to Thread